xisto Community
darmawan

Free Wap Gateway Have any link for free wap gateway?

Can you tell me whats a wap gateway? :P i dont know what it is..

You can find this on

wap-gateway.com FAQ:

What is WAP gateway?

Wap gateway is a software system that helps WAP-enabled wireless devices to communicate to Internet web sites and applications. Web sites deliver pages in special format called Wireless Markup Language (WML) that is compiled and forwarded by the WAP gateway

Cheers!

When you have a mobile phone that has WAP on it, it is normally provided by your network provider and you are given an IP, username, password and all that, just like on your PC. This website is a free alternative WAP for people who find their current one slow or don't want to pay so much a minute to use the WAP services. They tell you a different IP and port for your mobile and you enter that and all of your WAP stuff is sent through them, so you don't pay your phone company a penny.

Wow! That's a very useful service. I can't wait to try it out. I just have to activate my wap unlimited service and i'll browse the internet 24/7 using this gateway. Great thing! Thanks for the link. :P

To reply to those who doesn't know what is a Wap gateway..

A WAP gateway is basically a converter of HTML pages to be viewed on your mobile phones.. So with proper configurations stated on http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ , you can check your web-based email, gmail, yahoo, hotmail, etc on the move. You can even come to Xisto.com to post in the forum.. all on your phone.

Though because of the limited capabilities of a mobile phone, it may not handle or perform tasks and scripts correctly, and it is not secure. So do not try online banking transactions unless you think you are Santa Clauz.. ;)

Wow! That's a very useful service. I can't wait to try it out. I just have to activate my wap unlimited service and i'll browse the internet 24/7 using this gateway. Great thing! Thanks for the link.  ;)

184673[/snapback]

Which phone company is this?

To everyone else: is this a way to get free internet service on your cell phone?

My favourite WAP gateways&hostings

On russian - http://avtoinformator.ru/ (20 Kb Free space)

On english - http://www.wappy.to/

Description of Wappy.to:

What is Wappy?

Wappy is a free service for WAPsites: we offer you an easy-to-remember WAPredirect to your existing WAPsite (wappy.to/yourname), or you can create your own WAPsite online with our easy-to-use webwizard EasyWAP. And all this is free! So if you want to have a WAPsite or a shorter URL for an existing one, sign up now!

The world's first online WAPsite builder The only WAP redirection service Support for images and links

EasyWAP:

> Make your own WAPsite - with hosting

> Create a WAPsite in only minutes!

> No knowledge of WML required.

> wappy.to/yourname

> Easy and fast setup

> Free! 

WAPredirect:

> wappy.to/yourname

> Get a shorter URL

> Easy and fast setup

> Free!

Play the WAP match game! - WAP URL: wappy.to/match.cgi

Notice from serverph:
copied. http://www.wappy.to/

placed in quotes. credits adjusted. please review Xisto forum rules & TOS.

Edited by serverph (see edit history)

Guyz! I found cooolest description about WAP-GATEWAYS on http://www.indianchild.com/wap-gateway.htm

What is a WAP Gateway ? :  Wireless Application Protocol ( WAP ) is an open, global specification which empowers mobile users with wireless devices to easily access and interact with information and services instantly. In common language, a large number of device manufactures like Nokia, Ericsson, Motorola  and software developers like IBM, Microsoft, Oracle have agreed on one common standard.

WAP gives mobile phone users access to Internet or web services through handheld devices. WAP Gateway technology provides a solution to the growing demand for wireless mobile services across the world.  WAP Gateways act as a bridge between the mobile world and the Internet and offers wap services like encoding of WML pages, end-user authentication system,  & WML script compiling.

WAP uses the underlying web structure to enable communication between content providers and mobile devices. This wireless protocol employs Wireless Markup Language (WML) for application contents instead of Hypertext Markup Language coding (HTML).

A useful & utility feature of WAP technology is the ability to support telephony service integrated with micro-browsing of data. WAP Gateways acts as a proxy between wireless networks & the Internet while encoding WAP data into byte codes.

THAT's ALL

Notice from serverph:
please review Xisto forum rules & TOS. placed in quotes. credits adjusted.

FREE OPENSOURCE WAP AND SMS GATEWAY!

http://www.kannel.org/

Kannel is a WAP and SMS gateway.

WAP, short for Wireless Application Protocol, is a collection of languages and tools and an infrastructure for implementing services for mobile phones. Traditionally such services have worked via normal phone calls or short textual messages (e.g., SMS messages in GSM networks). Neither are very efficient to use, nor very user friendly. WAP makes it possible to implement services similar to the World Wide Web.

WAP defines a completely new markup language, the Wireless Markup Language (WML), which is simpler and much more strictly defined than HTML. It also defines a scripting language, WMLScript, which all browsers are required to support. To make things even simpler for the phones, it even defines its own bitmap format (Wireless Bitmap, or WBMP).

HTTP is also too inefficient for wireless use. By using a semantically equivalent, but binary and compressed format it is possible to reduce the protocol overhead to a few bytes per request, instead of up to hundreds of bytes. Thus, WAP defines a new protocol stack to be used. However, to make things simpler also for the people actually implementing the services, WAP introduces a gateway between the phones and the servers providing content to the phones.

See more on their website...

Notice from serverph:
please review Xisto forum rules & TOS.

copied from http://www.kannel.org/overview.shtml

placed in quotes. credits adjusted.