xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Avalon

My First Popout Sig hopefully it works

can somebody please teach me or give me the link of the tutorial if its already posted here as my net is very slow here i cannot search all topicI also want to make 1 popup siggiUr Popup siggi is cooooool

Notice from KuBi:
Don't hi-jack threads. Warning issued.
Edited by KuBi (see edit history)

heh good job, lol ive never made a popout sig b4, lol i think they look weird :).Try to get better fonts, brushes and maybe make it not as monotone.

i wolhd have used a a different brush set but other then that good job on your first pop-out sig.

Actually I didn't use brushes for the background, that is a combination of a couple of filters. I have been looking for brushes but I keep getting messages saying they are not compatible with my version of Photoshop (v 7.0.1). The reason I am using that version is because my computer is an old PII 350 with only 128Mb of RAM. It struggles running WinXP so I'm running Win98 and I think this is the last version of PS that is compatible with Win98.What I was trying to do with the font was to choose a 'strong' looking font like the ironman render and applied the 3D effect to make it appear to 'pop out' like the render. Ah well, I guess these things need some experimentation to find out if they work or not.sama made a comment about the background being too monotone, I am confused about that. I have seen many sigs that have monotone backgrounds, why does it work with some renders and not others? I thought the render itself had enough color for this not be a problem, and besides, shouldn't the focus should be the render and text, not the background? :) Obviously I'm still learning. :)

I actually like the background because it resembles the hero himself. The text is just a little ugly but I think it fits for the most part. Although it would rock if you could change the color.6/10 - nice!

I like it, all my popup-sigs really suck, so that's nice IMO.I've got this one with thirst (guy from sprite commercials, but I didn't border it right, but you did yours with a drop shadow, excellent).And my 50 Cent one just sucks, I make him look bad there. But yours owns.I like the text, unlike most of ya'll, the brushing (or background) is a little generic IMO. I guess i'm used to grunge too much.Panda

For a first popout its ok, but the background isn't my style, I mean its not bad, I just don't really like it =/Render is fine, can't really say much more about it. The text also seems too plain. Maybe if you had a better text I'd like it, but the text ruins it for me =/ but good job anyway.

can somebody please teach me or give me the link of the tutorial if its already posted here as my net is very slow here i cannot search all topic

I also want to make 1 popup siggi

Ur Popup siggi is cooooool

Notice from KuBi:
Don't hi-jack threads. Warning issued.

184241[/snapback]

what is this hijacking of theads?

anyways, Avalon...as everyone knows that how good you are at sigs and I beleive that.

But I was not impressed by this sig a lot....I think the background is not at all of my taste.....and as you have mentioned that you made it using some filters then it can be accepted but not your greatest creation!

hijacking of thread is someone completly going off topic and trying to get attention put on their post.i know deviantart.com has ps7 brushes, i know you been there to, best thing to do on that is go to the brush section and picked the most downloaded brushes or something like that and then just click on that their are like thousands of them in that category, but ps7 should be on there.