xisto Community
CopperZepher

Tripod Hosting webhost

I absolutely hated Tripods service. The ads took up alot of room and it really didn't go along with the site. Now adays I believe their ads take up about 1/3's of the page on 800x600 resolution.I never used the site builder only because I was determined to make my own layouts without the help of a site builder. The uploading was a pain, I could NEVER find my files and I could never find my File Manager. Once I finally did find everything I was just fooling around and I had switched back to Geocities when the ads weren't as horrible.I still use a lot of their tools for this one site I own because my Guestbook gets to full and the site hosting my site is pretty stingy on what services I get. So in some ways it is helpful. I would definitely suggest Freewebs over Tripod any day. What I hate about that though is that you can only upload one file at a time and it can sometimes not have any progress on bigger files that never end up uploading.

Tripod is another spyware infested heck hole you get what you need and about 25 worms 30 critical spyware progs, and a lot of other stuff If i use a free host I normally use Freewebs but im the only one who views those I dont put public sites on them but tripod may be decent for all broadband users but they are cluttered and there easy site builder isnt targeted for who it should be they should target the site builder for people who dont have much time online and will only be using site occansoinaly but not for people who make sites all the time its like dreamweaver BEFORE you use a program like that you should ALWAYS Learn the code at least the basics before you use WYSIWYG coders.I have used tripod but they like geocities are becomming bad NOT AS BAD as geocities but if youre on dial up[ it can literally take 2-4 min tio load a single page with little content at all anywaysSo all in all I myself would rate tripod a 2/8THEY SUCK!

i tried tripod once, but the banner generated at the top of the page is really annoying, and i never used that account ever again. So i went back and use my old geocities. At least you could close the yahoo ads when it pops up. But then i wanted to do more with my website, so i did some google search. Then recently, i found Xisto.com and it sounded like a great web hosting site, but hard to believe it is free of ads. So i signed up, and so far, it's going great. I finally get free access over my forum control unlike "free forum hosting" you can't do anything, even install new themes. The only way you could customize it is by editing the templates files. Ok, now it is starting to get out of the topic. sorry.

Sigh, my story with tripod was quite bizzare...Once apon a time, a person went to Tripod hosting because "everyone else was doing it". So he was a Zelda Fan... quite understandable... A username "zeldacourts"... I guess that dude was into law... But Tripod broke the glass and didn't allow this person to log in!! *gasp!!!*. So he contact Tripod using their <sarcasm>ULTRA FAST AND GREAT SERVICE</sarcasm> and after a "period of time", an email replied telling him to shut down the service... After that, the person never liked Zelda again, never liked Law again, and started to like domestic animals bearing the name of "Dog". So he desided "I will choose the name 'Dooga' cuz it has a D an O a G and a lot more random letters, and I will go learn php, javascript, and Cpanel using and become a moderator at a forum posting required Free Hosting site"...The END! Wow! What a nice story don't you think? :)