xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Evil_Amuter_WebsiteCoder

Bandwidth For all the idiots out there xD

Your bandwidth was clocked at105.40 Kbps And I have a 2Mbit cable connection, must be windows :PAnyhow, here we have our sites hosted and I'm running 3 sites now on Xisto but I still have like 3 Gigs of bw left, I use many pics and have many visitors (I think :P)

http://www.arris.com/company/2wire  --  Click Speed Meter at the top.

183733[/snapback]

Thanks for that. I didn't fancy downloading Zone Alarm to test my speed config. I like Blueyonder, (my ISP) they keep upgrading the connections for NOTHING. When I first got connected to the Internet on broadband I was running at 128Kb/sec. But now, its 729.40 Kb/sec.

Penny>>

Bandwidth is the data flow between your computer and the Internet/ Intranet. Think of it like this, the number of ants that go between your computer and the Internet at the moment is 293 per second. Now, imagine each of those ants carrying a briefcase of information that is being taken out into the w3 (world wide web). Incoming and outgoing connections vary. For me, the outgoing connection is weeker than the incoming. This is because the data (or ants with briefcases) have a bit more of a challenge to get out there. They have to clime hills. The incoming flow is literally going down the hill of the w3. Channels of your connection is how many incoming or outgoing connections your modem/ computer can handle. This is based mostly on your bandwidth. The higher the bandwidth, the more or stronger channels you can have. For example, I can usually have 7 incoming channels of about 104Kb/sec each. In total, it comes to 729Kb/sec. That is if I don't play on the Internet whilst downloading.

Since when did Xisto start having pop-up adverts???

Anyway, I just took a look at this page, so those with anomolies in there connection clock, look at the link below.

http://www.arris.com/company/2wire?p=7

Notice from cmatcmextra:
Merged double posts

The information-carrying capacity of a network or connection.

I know what is bandwidth, but that definition doesn't enter in my brain X_X it's seems to complex how about a n00b in computers enters the page and doesn't understand a word of that thing? (and i know a few people)