xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
LeAnn Rimes My Angel

Phpbb Forum Site Transfer How to do it, step by step instructions

Nice tutorial, but one problem....... There is no mention of the changes you actually need to make to your database in order for it to work. For instance, the database name in the backup I.e. oldforum_database to newforum_database as well as whatever it is that keeps making the forum redirect to the old site after logging in. This information would be helpful if anyone actually uses your tutorial, thanks for the effort though :)-Shrew

Thanks!

Phpbb Forum Site Transfer

I haven't tried it yet, but when I do attempt to switch over to my domain, Ill use this reference :) *bookmarks this page*

Oh and if you want a specific name for the "credits" section of my soon to be up beta site, just email me at tennis8668@yahoo.Com

-reply by tennis8668

Keeps reverting back to old forum

Phpbb Forum Site Transfer

Replying to Trap FeedBacker

I have this problem. I've done everything as said above four different times today with no luck. I install everything and go to your General Admin --> Configuration --> then just see a preview of my down for maintenance page at my other forum.

I see a lot of 'bookmarked this for later' posts, but has anyone actually got this up and running? This post is #1 in Google for move phpbb forum, but I have been trying all day to get it to work to no avail, and it is doing my head in. If anyone knows what you need to do to stop it from reverting back to the old forum, could they please post a guide. Thanks.

-reply by Lesley

Wow thanks <_<, this helped me a lot. Its really hard to find these sort of tutorials on the internet. But today must be my lucky day! :(Thanks again