xisto Community
askingboss

Paypal ...

Anyway, its how the world works. Nothing comes free

Hey OPaQue how dare you say that? :)

Something free is right under ur nose. Guess?

Oh who cares Xisto webhosting is free for life and no extra charges ( in terms of money):) Otherwise you have to drain all your power into your fingers and type so you can post and get Credits to kepp your hosting up

MUAHAHAHAHA :)

OK! I need to let you in own a little secret. PayPal doesnt charge for PayPal to PayPal accounts all accounts small - business or whatever... they only charge you a fee if you are using a credit card. thats the only processing fee that is charged to your account, and I believe that 3% is being nice. some companies charge several dollars to process that high amount of money... although 200 isnt a lot anymore.

All charge money. 2CO.com charges 5% flat + $0.45 for processing. Even merchant accounts charge money. The thing is, they have to charge this amount as processing charges because i believe they have to pay a part of this money to the CC company providing this service. Anyway, its how the world works. Nothing comes free :)

What's funny is how he rants about PayPal when it only charges around 3% + 30cents/transaction.
PayPal is actually cheap. How is do you think they make money? Did you think they did it for charity?
Well, they do own EBay, but they have to make money somehow with PayPal as well, or they'd be dumb.
I do have to admit though, that although these charges are a little crazy, you should not complain. It's one of the cheapest, most reliable, best known, and only a $6 fee? You are lucky. I get lots of small payments lol, and that 30cent fee is annoying for me!

As far as upgrading, you are NOT forced to. Please, do not complain that you were forced to upgrade. it said Business account, and Personal account. Maybe if you read what they were, you would have understood how it works (do your research). If I remember correctly, Personal accounts can only withdrawal and send $500/month, or maybe it was year. They can also only withdrawal 5 times a year. If you upgrade to Business though, all that junk is waived, and you have more freedom, at a cost (gotta pay those transaction fees).

the only thing i ever use paypal for is for recieving donations from members, i just set it up recently, but i havnt gotten any donations yet, i was wondering though, so even if the transfer for the donation was just 5-20 U.S. dollars, they still take off? what im trying to say, is it only for big ammounts, or all amounts, and what is the percentage that they take off??

narutorasengan, if you have a business account, there is a fee for anything transferred.

If you have a personal account though, there are NO fees, and it is free. Don't listen to these people saying paypal is a scam, they just don't know the facts and didn't read anything before they signed up, then got mad for agreeing with stuff they never read.

Anyways, personal accounts, although free, do have their downs. I think some of the disadvantages of having a personal account included no more than 5 withdrawals a year, and a $500 limit for withdrawals/payments every month, or year (don't remember exactly). Of course, for more detailed, and accurate information on such features, you can always read what PayPal provides at their site:
https://www.paypal.com/de/webapps/mpp/home

I wish I had a credit card to get a paypal account personally. Well, I do have a debit card and just haven't activated it yet. Curse my laziness :SAs for paypal and charging money, they're just trying to make some money.Like wariorpk said, "Paying $6 to get $200 is not a big deal at all. Would you rather drive or fly to where the money is. It would eat up your $200 thats for sure." (He also had 666 posts at the time lol).You could also try mailing the money but I wouldn't think it to be as trustworthy.

I like the idea of Paypal and the safety of it. They can help when it comes to fraud. Anyways I have a prepaid credit card that I put money on right before I actually buy something. The problem I have with Paypal is that I live in Canada and when I buy something for US dollars I found there Canadian to US exchange is way off and that I ended up paying way more for a US dollar than the regular exchange rates. The last time I used my credit card the rate was not all that bad and even when the Canadian Us rate where at par I found the rate to be almost twice that of non paypal transactions.

I have sometimes heard about people having issues with paypal but compared to the satisfies customers they have i doubt the people would be considered negligible.The problem I have with paypal is of a different nature. My country name is not listed in their list of countries and thats what really pisses me off. I tried emailing them and what I recieve in return is that they are asking me to login to me account and then send a request/question. How am i supposed to login when I cannot even create an account. beats me but that is the main reason I don't really like paypal.

Paypal makes me so annoyed! You should not have to upgrade your account to recieve YOUR money, it dreadful. Paypal has been very clever and thinking about they are making so much money out of us and half the time we dont even realise it! You should not have to pay for a ransfer anyway that is really unfair.Mind you Paypal is runnig abuisness so they have to get revenue form somewhere and I guess thats how they do it. I dont think $6.90 is too bad though but I can see why your are annoyed.Is paypal secure because I have heard a few people aying that it isnt really very secure any comments?

There is something i wish to clarify though. If Paypal subtracted your money without prior notice or attempts to keep it under wraps, making it almost impossible for someone to read how it's system works, and at the same time, subtract your money, so as in a legal argument, paypal discloses that it has made known it's policies and systems. I know this would be extremely unfair, but, at the very least, if not i hope, Paypal does not resort to any dirty tricks. :rolleyes: Secondly, Paypal was very much a need for merchants or people who shop online for goods. When e-bay released a similiar merchant, however available only for trading e-bay goods, paypal came out. And that was how, e-bay bought over Paypal. (Paypal was famous back then, it allowed payments elsewhere) -And ya, did you know e-bay was all-hots for money?

Paypal now offers withdrawal from Indian Banks, its a great feature. But I have a question, why they ask for giving the credit card details for verifying purpose, they might use some other alternative.

ya i agree with most, no service like that is free they have to make thier money some how. So they wait for you to transfer money and take a chunk :). I would recommend a dif service that dont scam you..

Edited by Black_d0s (see edit history)