xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
dnateam

Firefox Tricks

wow.I didn't know that firefox could do that stuff. :) Hmm... I guess we all learn something new everyday?Do you know any other tricks for firefox?I don't have the program, but I'm willing to know more about it before I download it. It'd be great if you do.

Thanks for you advice guys, I just downloaded firefox. I've installed a couple of extensions (Foxytunes, BBcode, Quicknote, Sage, BugMeNot and FLST). Which ones do you recommend?

Pretty cool tricks.. I started using Firefox about a week ago and i like it much more then Internet Explorer..

Same here, I use IE only when apllying for exams at college, FF doesn't work for them, LOL.

187220[/snapback]

i have had some problems with FF not acting the same as IE6 on some websites.

if you log onto one of these websites with FF , then select tools/java script console , it will show you the script errors found when logging onto the website.

for example when logging on to Xisto with FF it generates this error ...

Error: unterminated string literal

Source File: http://forums.xisto.com/

Line: 691, Column: 10

Source Code:

str = str+'70&profile_id=45">

fortunately this error doesnt seem to affect the appearance of the webpage.

other webpages with more serious script errors stop FF from displaying all or parts of a webpage which then affect the user functionality of the webpage.

i suppose you could forward the errors to the owners of the webpage and hope that they sort out their script errors so that the webpage functions correctly in FF.