xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Ryo

Kotor1.vs.kotor2 knights of the old republic

i thought kotor1 was much better than kotor 2 because it had a better story line like that plot twist at the middle and the endings were much better also and #2 really didnt add anything that was never done beside some new powers that were kinda useless but thats my opinion so let me hear urs.p.s:srry forgot to make it a poll :)

Yeah, this has been endlessly argued. I think the characters in kotor1 were much better than those in 2, Bastila had a great charisma about her and the voice acting was very well done. The HK unit also had some great conversations.The problem with 2 was that it was rushed and parts were taken out at the last moment to have a complete-like game to market. This is mostly the publishers fault (Lucasarts), as with the new trilogy they are nothing but a bunch of capitalist bastards trying to earn more money.Hopefully, now that the movies are all over the release of Kotor 3 will result in a full and finished game, not to mention which is less buggy.

i thought kotor1 was much better than kotor 2 because it had a better story line like that plot twist at the middle and the endings were much better also and #2 really didnt add anything that was never done beside some new powers that were kinda useless but thats my opinion so let me hear urs.

I agree that KOTOR 1 was way better than KOTOR 2. I haven't actually finished KOTOR 2 yet and so I suppose that I can't talk, but I've played 3 and a half of the planets, so I'm basically.

One of the things that really annoyed me about KOTOR 2 is the fact that they used terms that completly went against both the Star Wars history and the storyline of KOTOR 1. For example, they talk about "the Jedi Civil War". Only about 20 hours of solid gameplay later do you find out that it (the war you were in in KOTOR 1, I think) was called that (even though it's never been called that) because the Jedi and the Sith looked so similar. If you couldn't follow that then just trust me that KOTOR 2 makes a complete hash of its plot. The first one, as mentioned by Ryo, keeps you intersted all the way through with twists and turns about characters you like (and yourself) while KOTOR 2 just carries on the story with you feeling plain bored. :)

That's probably mainly due to the fact that KOTOR 1 has 6 planets to play on, all of which are big and exciting, and only 1 of which had ever been dramatised before in Star Wars films or games. KOTOR 2 copies 2 of the planets from the first game, and only gives you (I think) 3 new planets to play on.

As I say, I haven't finished it yet and so I don't know how it ends or anything, but I think we can pretty much guarentee that if you want to play one of the games, choose the first one. It'll just give you so much more for your money.

BTW, alperuzi, I really enjoyed Episodes I-III :) .

;) i like kotor 2 better because(well im not sure of this) but i was able to get a silver light saber crystal on kotor 2,and ive already beat kotor1 being good and bad but but i found no silver crystal.On kotor 2 i beat it being evil and im on darth nihilius' flag ship being a good person.another reason i like kotor 2 because,u discover more about ur companions and are able to train them in the ways of the jedi or sith.like i got the handmaiden and bao-dur to learn the force.I learned that atton was a mercinary and has been to nar shaddaa long before he met u. ;) But stupid mira has a dumb aditude and never has anything nice to say.same thing with atton.kotor 1 has more passion and romance to it.all that mushy stuff, :huh:

it seemsyou didn't understand the storyline of kotor1 and 2...

Kotor1 isn't the jedi civil war it was after the jedi civil war. And your character is the darth revan everyone's talkin about in the jedi civil war. He/she was just memory wiped by the jedi council for a second chance of renewing his/her path. While the character in kotor2 was the general of revan in the jedi civil wars...

I think that they are both very good games. I like aspects of both games. I like the plot and characters in 1 better along with the fact that it's just plain longer. But I like the fact in Kotor 2 that you can make some of your characters jedi and that aspect adds a larger RPG feeling for me.

-reply by Pild

<p>it seemsyou didn't understand the storyline of kotor1 and 2...</p><p>Kotor1 isn't the jedi civil war it was after the jedi civil war. And your character is the darth revan everyone's talkin about in the jedi civil war. He/she was just memory wiped by the jedi council for a second chance of renewing his/her path. While the character in kotor2 was the general of revan in the jedi civil wars... </p><p> </p>

You seem to think you know everything well sorry to say YOU ARE WRONG kotor 1 IS the jedi civil war and the main character of kotor 2 was a general for revan in the MANDALORIAN WARS....dumbass