xisto Community
Avalon

Render: Warlord (orc?) by Avalon

Here's my latest render. It's a warlord of some sort, I think an Orc, but last time I called something an Orc several people told me I was wrong. This time you can make up your own mind as to what it is. :)

By the way, I didn't cut off the spike on his left boot, it wasn't there on the original. :)

Enjoy! :D

Posted Image

that looks good, i have a question it was always in the back of my mind but whats with the light blue background? i could never figure that one out when i saw these kind of images.but that is a nice cut correct me if im wrong on that term, but i do believe that its like a half breed of orc/orge, could never really get the difference between the two since both are ugly in their little ways, but where could i get other images like this, been awhile since i had a folder for images, ever since my computer crashed on me.

The background is actually transparent, however, if you are using IE you will not see a transparent background as IE doesn't handle PNG files properly. To view the image with a transparent background you will need a browser like Firefox.

The are many sites that have these renders, my favourite at the moment is Render-world.com. It is well sorted out with various categories and most of the renders are high quality.

aah ok, i guess that would make sense, do you know if it was going to be an upgrade in internet explorer 7.i should try this site out, but i also heard rumors of a fabled website to have thousands of thse images would you happen to know where it is or who runs this website?

yeah i believe that to be an orc, but anyways thats a sweet cut that you have, hmm. render-world never heard that, i don't think anyone at gr ever mentioned about it, hmm maybe they have some stuff that i don't might have to drop a line to them later on.armegeddon? i think you might be talking about gamerenders.com they have like tons of them in like every category, but I have a filefront account where you can get them a little quicker as well, its in this forum (resources) where you can get the link.

aah ok, i guess that would make sense, do you know if it was going to be an upgrade in internet explorer 7.

i should try this site out, but i also heard rumors of a fabled website to have thousands of thse images would you happen to know where it is or who runs this website?

182035[/snapback]

I have no idea if it will be an upgrade in IE7. I will be sticking with Firefox myself, I was an avid IE user until I recently discovered Firefox due to this forum. Firefox has some very nice features, it's small, fast, free and all your IE bookmarks can be imported into Firefox. I suggest you try Firefox for yourself and see what you think, I put a link for it in my previous post.

Render-world doesn't have thousands of images, but I like it. I'm sure there are other sites that have more images. Search through these forums and you're bound to find links to quite a few of these sites.

do you know if it was going to be an upgrade in internet explorer 7.

Yes, Internet Explorer 7 will have PNG support.

I'd call it an orc.I'm pretty sure ogres are big ugly humanoid fellas and trolls are like...small giants. Those are the only other things I think you might call it...Nice render. :P