xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
farrah

Constant Re-loading re-load re-load again till hit X, why?

I dont know why but on this current login, whenever i go to a post, any post the page keeps re-loading. The page opens fine and when its done it does its again and again until i hit X on my browser. Is this happening to anyone but me? also can someone fit it? please and thank you!

i think you keyboard might be under something or stuck on a key that does it cuz that hasn't happen to me.

I dont know how it can be me because i went to other forums to see if it happens there but it doesn't, only on Xisto forums.microsoft, what i mean't is when i click a post and the page opens, it loads fine and says "done" at the bottom like it should, but then it start to open again. It doesn't stop there it continues openning and finishing and openning, over and over until i hit "X" on my browser

How much time is it between reloads?

What browser do you use?

Panda

181816[/snapback]

Right after it finishes loading it instantly starts re-loading again.

i'm using AOL's browser which is IE 6

hmm something interesting came up for me now when i reload the page it does a quick reload but then loads all the info, and something else i been seeing some tiny glitches some of my img links are coming up in code and i had a post that show partial code as well. hmm this is becoming intriguing indeed.

Yes so now you see its not my keyboard or me at all. I also tried loging out, exiting the website, and loging in again but the same thing still happens.

I also just noticed that when i go to a post i haven't been in and a post that has alot of stuff so it takes a while to load, then it does keep on re-loading and re-loading.SM i just saw what you were saying about some of your sigs coming up as codes instead of images. I think theres a but somewhere that is only affecting some users, hopefully this gets fixed soon.

I think that this quick reload is just the shoutbox refreshing. Of course, when you are logged you are forbidden to see the shoutbox, so it doesn't reload.If it is (which looks like the most likely explanation at the moment) then there's nothing to worry about :)

Hey, I know what you mean. It happened to me with a few pages ago but now it's fine. Don't worry it should go away, if not, don't hit X , just click STOP in your browser and it should stop reloading. I have another problem. I can't seem to be able to create a new topic or enter the general talk forum. :)

I don't have the official answer yet. But it seems like during this forum upgrades you may experience some service interruptions, i.e. MySQL cannot connect, page not loading, quick refresh, status bar reading too many too fast constantly etc, so please be patient. Well at least I now know that I wasn't the only member experiencing this. I first thought that my browser was being hijacked :)Rest assure that everything will come back to normal once the forum upgrades are done.

Edited by BuffaloHELP (see edit history)

well here is the current list of the problems-page re-reloads-partial code showing up-db MySQL error saying topicread error-posts not postinghmm i didn't see anything about forum updates (hmm maybe opa is installing the 2.1 forum board )in which woohoo. :):)

Hey, I know what you mean. It happened to me with a few pages ago but now it's fine. Don't worry it should go away, if not, don't hit X , just click STOP in your browser and it should stop reloading. I have another problem. I can't seem to be able to create a new topic or enter the general talk forum.  :)

182009[/snapback]

The "X" is the stop button on my browser. You are lucky you can actually enter the general talk forum, get an MYSQl error but as buffalohelp said its because the forum is being upgraded so hopefully when the upgrades are done everything will go back to normal.

Hey, I know what you mean. It happened to me with a few pages ago but now it's fine. Don't worry it should go away, if not, don't hit X , just click STOP in your browser and it should stop reloading. I have another problem. I can't seem to be able to create a new topic or enter the general talk forum.  :)

182009[/snapback]

The "X" is the stop button on my browser. You are lucky you can actually enter the general talk forum, get an MYSQl error but as buffalohelp said its because the forum is being upgraded so hopefully when the upgrades are done everything will go back to normal.

Notice from cmatcmextra:
And the reason for this double-post is? The time-stamps for these posts are 8 minutes apart?!

Edited by cmatcmextra (see edit history)