xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
dnateam

Get Rid Of Password Expiry Windows xp

In this tut i'm going to tell u how to remove the psswd expiry in windows xp* Go to Start|Run and type Control userpasswords2* Go to Advanced tab in the user accounts window* Again select the Advanced button under the Advanced user management header.* Now click on the User in the Local Users and Groups.* On the right pane you will see the list of all user account* Right click on the user name for which you want to change the setting and select the Properties option.* Now click in the General tab check on the password never expires option.* Click Apply and OK.This would do the trick.If you have any more probs pm me.

In this tut i'm going to tell u how to remove the psswd expiry in windows xp

* Go to Start|Run and type Control userpasswords2

* Go to Advanced tab in the user accounts window

* Again select the Advanced button under the Advanced user management header.

* Now click on the User in the Local Users and Groups.

* On the right pane you will see the list of all user account

* Right click on the user name for which you want to change the setting and select the      Properties option.

* Now click in the General tab check on the password never expires option.

* Click Apply and OK.This would do the trick.

If you have any more probs pm me.

181484[/snapback]

up

mmm... just out of curiosity, what password expires in windows xp? I have to admit I've never been asked by the system to renew any password.Can anyone tell me what kind of password expires in XP?

In windows XP the if password expiry is set, it would ask you to change the password after a fixed number of days say 45 days. This is done to ensure higher security to your system rather than having the same password all thru. This is not an issue in case of a home PC but in a shared environment the security is a prime concern.Cheers

hmmm interesting thats means that as a non system admin i could change that at will then hmmm....

There is a more simple way of doing this, i will explain later on i guess. The run step and configing it from the advanced interface is not the way to go if your choosing to go with the standard windows format. I dont feel like explaining the steps right now but i will post them in a couple of hours or so.