xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Anndi

How Does One Terminate Their Account To Move Their Site To Another Host

Okay, I've had my site here for a few months, and the hosting is brilliant and everything. But my dad bought his own servers, and says it would be best if I switch to them and he'll host my site there. The switch won't be happening for a few weeks yet, so I don't want my account terminated immediately. But once I have moved everything, how do I go about having my account here closed? Do I just say, "I'm done, you can close my account now" to one of the Admins? I'd just like to know so things are all smooth, quick and simple for my site move. ;)

In the Free Web Hosting Request section, you will find in blue link "Terminate Hosting Account" you can use that. You can request to administrators to delete your forum account if you don't want to leave any trace. But we'll miss your postings then ;)Or, you can simply not post and let the site die on its own. After your hosting credits run out, your site will be in suspended mode. After 30 days of suspension your account will automatically terminated by the server script.We'll miss you. Good luck!