xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kvarnerexpress

Creating A Cd Image From A Folder

I really wasn't sure where to post this but here's my problem... I dowloaded what I thought was a CD image of a game I own (well I own the Playstation version so whatever I OWN IT!! ) but when I unzip it it's just some fool that copy pasted the root of the CD drive and zipped it. I don't want to waste my last CD-R's to burn them, and anyways I rather leave them on my HDD because it's faster than the CD drive... Which brings me to my question, is there a program I can use that converts a folder and all its subdirectories to a CD image format that I can mount in D-Tools or something? This game is old so I'm almost 100% sure no crappy kind of protection will get in my way...I can also try (and probably suceed) to hack the game's registry values to make it think my CD drive is some other folder but I would still like to know if such a program exists... Thanks.__________________My b0x:AMD XP Barton 2800+ @ Stock speed... too hot now2 x 512MB Kingston RAM for 1GB dual channel1 x 120GB HDD (soon another )SoundBlaster Audigy 2 ZS (0wN5!!!)ATI All-In-Wonder 9800 Pro (0wN5!!!)

Technically & Legally you do not own it.So no support will be allowed.Playstation and Computer Games are 2 totally different things.It is like saying I have an Apple/Banana Store then trying to get a Loan for a Banana Only Store. (Ya My Analogy sucks right now but hey Katrina Broke My Heart so Deal with it)

That's simple. You can you UltraISO to generate such an image. Or you can use nero - select Image Recorder when you start the program and just drag everything you want in the folder to the pane and press burn. You will have a ISO or NRG image then.

Please do not discuss about image of a software that you do not rightfully own. I'm thinking if you own the game CD you could have made your own image file. But since that game CD is copy-protected, the company did not want you to make an backup image. But instead it was downloaded. Therefore, the topic and thread discussing that is not sanctioned by the company is against TOS.If the original author of this topic would like to add, PM me and only me and I will add to this thread.Otherwise,----- Topic Closed -----