xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Compute

2 Diffrent Form-mails

Ok I set up 1 form mail that is my contact us form-mail. Now I want to make a second form-mail with different input buttons and options. So what I did was I made another txt file called signup.txt my first txt file was template.txt.

Here is my first email-form http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Now this is my second Email-form http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Now my problem is the first form works just fine but the second one says that it could not open signup.txt. Basically gives me a page not found error.

So is it even possible to make 2 txt files 1 for each type of form. the sign up form is basically a form that I want my clients to fill out so that I could get their information easily.

Any suggestions?

I'm getting this error

ErrorNo email was sent due to an error.

403 No variable substitutions in template

/home/compute/public_html/signup.txt

It would be helpful if I can see the signup.htm and signup.txt file

So is it even possible to make 2 txt files 1 for each type of form. the sign up form is basically a form that I want my clients to fill out so that I could get their information easily.

Any suggestions?

179122[/snapback]

Hey again - good to hear you got that other form working now. I made a second form as well after. I needed one for submissions and one for subscriptions. To do this, I made two separate txt files - one for each of them. They work fine. Just make sure to keep them in the same folder. I put them all into the same folder and it works fine that way.

Good luck, and if you are still stuck, just ask again... we'll try our best.

Ok this is my signup.htm html code.

<form method="POST" action="/cgi-bin/cgiemail/signup.txt&%2334; name="myform"> <input type="hidden" name="success" value="/planfinal.htm;<b><center>        Please Fill Out All Fields</center></B><br>   First and Last Name:<br>   <input type="text" name="name" size=25 maxlength=50><br><br>   Email Address:<br>   <input type="text" name="email" size=25 maxlength=50><br><br>   Street Address:<br>   <input type="text" name="address" size=25 maxlength=50><br><br>   City of Residence:<br>   <input type="text" name="city" size=25 maxlength=50><br><br>   Zip Code:<br>   <input type="text" name="zip" size=25 maxlength=50><br><br>   Plan Selection:<input type="radio" name="plan" value="bronze"> Bronze <input type="radio" name="plan" value="silver"> Silver <input type="radio" name="plan" value="gold"> Gold <input type="radio" name="plan" value="maintenance"> Maintenance <br><br>   Phone:<input type="text" name="area" size=4 maxlength=5> -<input type="text" name="exchange" size=4 maxlength=3> -<input type="text" name="number" size=5 maxlength=4><br><br>            <INPUT TYPE="submit" value="Send A Web Design Plan Request"></form>
This is my signup.txt

To: webarby@yahoo.comSubject: Request Web Design PlanName entered: [name]Sender's email: [email]Sender's addres: [address]Sender's City: [city]Sender's ZipCode: [zip]Sender's Plan: [plan]Sender's phone: ([area])[exchange]-[number]Sender's question: [question]
Sorry for double post but just wanted to fix something

The signup.txt code is

To: webarby@yahoo.com

Subject: Request Web Design Plan

Name entered: [name]

Sender's email:

Sender's addres: [address]

Sender's City: [city]

Sender's ZipCode: [zip]

Sender's Plan: [plan]

Sender's phone: ([area])[exchange]-[number]

Still have same problem.

Sorry for triple post. I'm REALLLLY sorry.

But I just solved my own problem...

It was just cookies. I trtied on my laptop and it worked fine.

Sorry to waist your time and triple posting.

You have the same NAME variable. Remember this is an elementary formmailing script. You must not have the same variable. You can achieve your code ONLY if you put IF then ELSE loop script.

Plan Selection:
<input type="radio" name="plan" value="bronze"> Bronze 
<input type="radio" name="plan" value="silver"> Silver 
<input type="radio" name="plan" value="gold"> Gold 
<input type="radio" name="plan" value="maintenance">

This is where I think the substitution erro occurs. You cannot have the same NAME variable. For now, keep it simple. Try like this

<input type="radio" name="Bronze" value="Yes"> Bronze 
<input type="radio" name="Silver" value="Yes"> Silver 
<input type="radio" name="Gold" value="Yes"> Gold 
<input type="radio" name="Maintenance" value="Yes">

And your signup.txt

To: webarby@yahoo.comSubject: Request Web Design PlanName entered: [name]Sender's email: [email]Sender's addres: [address]Sender's City: [city]Sender's ZipCode: [zip]Sender's Plan: Bronze - [Bronze]                Silver - [Silver]                Gold - [Gold]                Maintenance - [Maintenance]   Sender's phone: ([area])[exchange]-[number]Sender's question: [question]
This will send you something like this when a visitor selects the silver plan

Name entered: Jack Spicer
Sender's email: address
Sender's Plan: Bronze -
                        Silver - Yes
                        Gold -
                        Maintenance -

It's not pretty but it works. ;) You get the idea what returns and what variable you need to separate and don't confuse the script... lol

You have the same NAME variable. Remember this is an elementary formmailing script. You must not have the same variable. You can achieve your code ONLY if you put IF then ELSE loop script.

179134[/snapback]

I'm not sure if that's true. Because for my second form, where I used radio buttons, I used the same 'name' variable, and it works fine. I kind of thought that you needed the same 'name' variable for radio buttons, so that it is only possible to pick one before submitting. I could be wrong though.

Anyway... happy to hear you got it working, Compute!

yup its working fine. Its fixed I have the same name variables, works fine. Thanks for all the help ;) midnightvamp glad yours works :P took me 1 whole day to fix this lol. Thanks for the support BuffaloHELP :P Your a great help.

Would you look at that... I learned something new to day, too ;) I guess when a variable requires to be a single value you can use one variable to gather multiple answers. Nice finding, guys!----- Topic resolved, thread closed -----