xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Macrofeet

Will The Nightmare Ever End? join our clan

hey it might sound stupid but i am not sure at all what this CLAN thing is?someone tried to explain it to me in a diff. forum but it went like a BOUNCER i.e. over my head! ;) now can someone explain me what is this CLAN thingy...and if it is a game then how can we play it! :P

A clan is a group of people that all play the same game (or in many cases they play multiple games together) that come together to establish a community within that game or set of games. Often the different clans have different criteria for admission into the squad, or some sort of try-out is involved. The group will often play together within their game. For example, in Runescape, the clan would most likely go into the wild with each other and attack other players or smaller groups in the wild. If victorious, the squad will share the spoils with one another and move on. In other types of games, like first person shooters, clans will often challenge other clans to different matches available within the game. Having clans adds a new variety in gaming that a player not participating in a clan would not be able to experience. It adds new challenges and a fresh sense of competition among groups and not just individuals. Clans are almost always a positive experience for members and most members remain in clans for the majority of their game playing careers. Hope this helped a bit.