xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Microsoft

Got A Few Questions About My New Site i have a few questions

hey i need some help bulding my site first of all my site is niiice.trap17.com :/ what is shell script and perl script, :S :S whats, and the .trash suppose to be there always i deleted all whats there to start fresh you know the index.html ect.. www folder i want to start putting pages and uploading my images for template if you can help me a bit i would apreciated ;) thanks

Notice from cmatcmextra:
Merged double posts and fixed spelling error. Please use the report button if you want a post edited or deleted etc. Renaming title Some Help as it is not descriptive enough!!!

Well I am guessing you have visited your cpanel already if you have deleted everything and started fresh. There are alot of pinned topics above this message that have some great information. However you can upload your pages and information through the file manager in your cpanel and you could also download a free ftp program which will allow you to upload and download from your website with ease. Make sure you download a freeware version not a free trial unless you want to buy it and then go at it... ;)If you are unsure as to how to proceed and make your pages you can install some scripts from your cpanel. There are lots of premade website tools in there that you just have to configure when you have them uploaded..... Look under fantisco to learn more. Also on this site you will find under tutorials lots of very interesting and helpful tips on how to work with html and other fun stuff. I hope this helps.

Hmm.. I hope you haven't created a problem for yourself by deleting everything. Normally you would leave those folders there, especially the public_html folder. This is where your web pages go so visitors to your site can see them. Upload your web pages to the public_html folder and make any directories you like within that folder that you want to be visible to your visitors.

If you are experiencing problems trying to view your web site, try recreating the folders in the '/' directory like what you see below.

Posted Image

If recreating the directories doesn't work, try contacting an administrator and see if they can help you.

Please use correct grammar (using proper punctuation) or write in a simple sentence. I couldn't understand what you were saying. Did you delete all your files? Did you delete public_html folder? www folder is merely a short-cut to public_html folder. Without public_html folder www folder is useless.If so, you have to ask administrators to reset your account. Without those essential files you cannot show your website properly. You should never touch something that was created fresh... when you know your account was created from the beginning why would you go around and start deleting things? ;) If your account is beyond salvaging from mere putting back the deleted files (I hope you didn't clean up the recycle bin) then resetting your account will cost 15 hosting credits. Please apply in Free Web Hosting > Misc. RequestsThank you.

Do you see Avalon's attached image? Except for index.html file (which can be deleted) your file directory should look exactly like Avalon's. If you deleted them all and cannot restore from your recycling bin, you have to request for account reset atFree Web Hosting > Misc. Requestsand it will cost you 15 credits.