xisto Community
odomike

My Vga Card been trying to flash it

hello everyone,

I have never flashed a graphics card bios.

The carc is an nVIDIA RIVA TNT2 M64 PRO/M64 PRO (32MB VGA memory). Here's the story. I downloaded this system analysing software named Everest Home edition (you can download it by searching for everest home edition in google) and installed it in my computer.

After the installation, I ran an analysis of my system and when I was going through the VGA details, I relized that my VGA BIOS is old (dated 2000) and the software was recommending that I should flash the bios if it is flashable.

I have gone to the website of the nVIDIA people and checked out if the VGA can be flashed but unfortunately, I was not able to get any VGA bios flash utility in there. I have also checked out other websites and I was able to check out the particular names of nVIDIA VGA cards which bios can be flashed.

Fortunately, I should say, I didnt see mine listed amond the ones that cant be flashed and also unfortunately, it wasnt listed among those that can be flashed. Now, I dont know what to do.

And apart from that, how do I overclock my VGA's RAMDAC? I have been wondering how I am going to do that and I think it is really going to enhance my graphics performance.

Thanks a lot for your anticipated help.

Waiting for your replies.

RivaTuner is the most powerful tweaking utility for NVIDIA display adapters running under Windows 95 / Windows 98/ Windows 98 SE / Windows ME / Windows 2000 and Windows XP.

http://nvworld.ru/kb/

Just by searching a bit on google i found this. i havent ever used it or anything so i dont really know how it works and if it works well. theres a link to download at the bottom of the page.

hope this helps.

http://nvworld.ru/kb/

Just by searching a bit on google i found this. i havent ever used it or anything so i dont really know how it works and if it works well. theres a link to download at the bottom of the page.

hope this helps.

178621[/snapback]

Hey man,

Thanks a million times for that powerful utility. Damn, I never knew something like that was in existence before until now.

Man, I am a lot grateful to you.

Regards,

Odomike.

Flashing the graphics card BIOS isn't common practice unless you want to try and risk flashing to another chipsets BIOS to make your card run faster. This sometimes converts some nVidia cards to their higher end models, however I wouldn't recommend it.The software you've found, Riva Tuner, is the best in its class. It can actually do what I've said above just with drivers, but I don't think a TNT M64 is going to become much faster.As for the program that says your video BIOS is old, ignore it completely, like I've said upgrading of video BIOS isn't common practice, them putting that comment there is odd, very odd.