xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sader

Link To Members Webpage Why its not done yet?

I think it would be great to add one more line

in this members info list

Group: Admin

Member No.: 1

Web Page

This line should be url linkt to members site

For example sometimes when I am reading some persons post it comes idea to visit this members site but not everyone adds his web page link to his signature box and I feel to lazy type

"http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/; into internet browser

So I thought why ilink coulnd't be added automaticly?

Afcourse It could be and one check box "show link to my website"

added in cpanel for disableing this future but personaly I don't think so that someone wiil bw maind to have more visitors in his/her site ;)

So this is my sugesstion

wassieOuuu realy there allreday is stuff like that in members profilesI just forgat that, but still tehere is one problem you need to click onmembers name and view members info the problem is that when user has bad and very slow internet connection user waste a lot off time to view profiles information :PFor example I need abou 5-10 seconds to load niew page in browser window (for me it's a lot off time).So why not hef direct link to memebers website?icemarleIt was just axample of link ;)

I think it's a descent idea, although it is very easy to showoff your site in every post you make...use the signature to put a link to your site, actually exactly what you and I have done. I think people can see that link fairly easy.

I think it's a descent idea, although it is very easy to showoff your site in every post you make...use the signature to put a link to your site, actually exactly what you and I have done.  I think people can see that link fairly easy.

178661[/snapback]

Yes afcours the link in signature is good visible butl ike I sayd not all members are inserting web page link into theyrs signature

I thought it could be nice sundry thats all.

Besides thats why writed this topic in "suggestion" forum ;)

Hi:I think it would be a good idea. I have a domain name, so Xisto is not included in my URL. So, when I am discussing problems with my Histology World site, I include the URL. But if I forget to do it, then they can't go look and see what I am talking about.Sunkist

your forgetting that there are members who see their site as private.they dont want other people on this forum to look in it.thats why we dont put it anywere... the member must deside for himself to do that.