xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sxyloverboy

Phpbb Takes Up 15mb on its website it says it only uses 1mb

I just installed PHP with the fantastico thing in the control panel of my hosting account and noticed that it was takingup 15mb of the space. now on the phpbb website the full package for the website is under 1mb. so whats going on here?

Notice from cmatcmextra:
PLEASE USE DESCRIPTIVE TOPIC TITLES AND DESCRIPTIONS
Edited by cmatcmextra (see edit history)

It could just simply be an error when counting the amount of megabytes used up. That happens sometimes. It shouldn't effect the amount of space cpanel will give you to store your files though....

Notice from cmatcmextra:
Moving to Questions & Queries

PhpBB is only 660kb compressed ... but it will be a lot more uncompressed. 15 MB sounds quite excessive, as I think mine is only 4/5 MB. You can always download it from the phpbb.com, it's extremely easy to install.I personally wouldn't worry about it.

Yeah i did that but uploading all the files is so tedius and even though i have a fast connection its not so fast because there are so many file but their all small so it cant really get the flow going right. I just wanna mention Fantastico has a serious problem with The sizes of all those stuff.

Then don't upload them all at once. Upload the phpBB zip file, then once uploaded, click on the zip file text (not the zip icon) and click Extract File Contents. I haven't tried it myself but it should unzip the files for you ;)

It ocuppies a lot of space because it contains all the language pack. So that's the explanation. If you want you could FTP your server, go to phpBB's forum and deletes the languages that you don't need from the languages folder.I hope this will help you in your case ;).