xisto Community
mayank

How To Export Psd To Png Or Jpg with the transperancy

well i have just created a POP OUT sig and when ever i am exporting it as PNG file the transparent portion is coming up with some greyish color...which is making the whole sig look bad.....please tell me what to do in order to make sure that it comes out properly.i have tried exporting the file as JPEG as well but even that is not helping i am getting the same result.i think this kind of problem was faced by one of the other member as well...but he corrected that later on...so may be i'll get the answer pretty soon!

JPG does not support transparency, only PNG and GIF do, and GIF has terrible compression....and are you running Firefox or Internet Explorer? It may not be the exporting that is the problem, it may be your internet browser. I don't believe Internet Explorer supports PNG files, and makes it have an ugly grey/brown background instead of having it transparent.

hey thanx bro!i think you are right...earlier i was trying to open it up in Internet explorer and it was coming up a greyish background instead of the transparent one!but when i opened the same file in the FIREFOX.....it came properly.hmm! after this what can i say......IE Su*ks.once again thanks for the quick responce...now i'll post my sig without any fears :)

.Gif's compression is horrible....makes it look all low quality-ish

177754[/snapback]

*nod*

Which is why I still don't do animation...can't figure out how to keep it from being all...uber low quality.