xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Florisjuh

Key's Sticking :[ If you type ^ and then e it will stick

You know in Windows XP, when you press any of the reading signs like ", ', ^ etc, it will stick to the next letter you type if its an e, i, o etc.I kinda hate this behavior, since its irritating when you write code and stuff or if you play games it will "eat" these characters. So, does anyone know how to turn of this behavior since I looked trough the entire Control Panel but couldnt find anything about it. :[

Control Panel > Accessibility Options > Uncheck what you dont want.

You know in Windows XP, when you press any of the reading signs like ", ', ^ etc, it will stick to the next letter you type if its an e, i, o etc.

I kinda hate this behavior, since its irritating when you write code and stuff or if you play games it will "eat" these characters.

So, does anyone know how to turn of this behavior since I looked trough the entire Control Panel but couldnt find anything about it. :[

177433[/snapback]

hmm, i dont know, i havent had that problem

Notice from Klass:
I decided to post a reply which did not contribute to the topic nor did it help the person requesting assistance. I sure hope I refrain from posting uselessness again. As I do not want to be suspended. If I was hosting I would have lost some credits. Thank You Klass for noticing my useless post, I will try to refrain from posting such garbage again.

Edited by Klass (see edit history)

You mean that:^ + e = ?? + i = ?or...?That's just because people that are actually writing and using these letters needs it, and normally, people don't use them for anything else... ^^ are maybe used as smilies though...^_^

to make charecters such as ? you must hold alt and hit a series of numbers on your number pad. for instance to make ? you must hit alt+0225and make sure that the numbers you press are on your number pad because the other ones will not work

Something had happened with netscape. I would type and when I typed, for some reason the cursor thingy would make it go back so I would type what I wanted. The letters would be in a different order. I couldn't type anything like that. And it wasn't me.

Control Panel > Accessibility Options > Uncheck what you dont want.

177450[/snapback]

Sorry but I cant seem to find the thing in accecibility options :D

You mean that:

^ + e = ?

? + i = ?

or...?

That's just because people that are actually writing and using these letters needs it, and normally, people don't use them for anything else... ^^ are maybe used as smilies though...

:)

177570[/snapback]

Yes I know, but I just want to know how to put it off :D

hmm thats strange. ive never had that. and now trying to do the same as you i cant get it. what keyboard do you have? do you have the standard american one?

177581[/snapback]

US international keyboard, so I think thats the american one

Something had happened with netscape. I would type and when I typed, for some reason the cursor thingy would make it go back so I would type what I wanted. The letters would be in a different order. I couldn't type anything like that. And it wasn't me.

177688[/snapback]

Yes it happens on urls too, if you type an adress is sometimes pastes the sign, or adds it to a letter if you have a site starting with e,a etc

Anyone know how to put this off? :D

those are used very rarely, even in programming, what code are you writing? and different editors behave differently so you may want to try other editors rather than trying to find a solution from windows.

those are used very rarely, even in programming, what code are you writing? and different editors behave differently so you may want to try other editors rather than trying to find a solution from windows.

180013[/snapback]

This is built into windows and I have yet to find a program which doesnt use this winblows behavior... (Dont ell me to switch to linux cuz I really wanna do that but I share this computer)

If you put something in qoutetation marks it will stick to the key, if you type something in a program that doesnt support these special signs you'll get letters falling off which looks stupid, and I never use the signs anyway (Dutch and english dont have much words with these signs onto them as with French or german). When you type very fast you'll prolly hit these keys sometimes and if they would just apear they would be easier to spot, but when they stick on a letter its much harder to get them out..

I tried this with ? on a bunch of different programs and your right, it seems to be a windows behaviour. Funny that I don't get it too often though, probably because I'm using Turkish language on a German laptop keyboard and the keys are waay different...

Sorry but I cant seem to find the thing in accecibility options :D

Yes I know, but I just want to know how to put it off :ph34r:

US international keyboard, so I think thats the american one

Yes it happens on urls too, if you type an adress is sometimes pastes the sign, or adds it to a letter if you have a site starting with e,a etc

Anyone know how to put this off? :(

177904[/snapback]

On a mac only way it does that is if your holding down the Option key on the first symbol

example:

Option+` and then press e=č