xisto Community
Nue1

Window Media Player Or Winamp? Which one you like?

I don't use Windows media player because I use BSplayer Pro which I think is much better for watching movies and videos. It also has more features and can do things which Window media player doesn't. For music I use Winamp because it was my first program for mp3s when I got a computer that could play them and I got used to it and that's why its the only program I used to play music for several years. I know they may be other good programs maybe even better than Winamp but I was lazy to check. What I think could improve in Winamp is that it uses too much resources. And I use the modern look Winamp because I like the look of it.

I use winamp for almost everything. It takes much fewer resources and is quicker. You can watch video, sync an ipod, etc. along with all the features of WMP. Another reason i use it is because of the plugins for it. There are amazing DSP plugins for winamp that really improve the sound quality of your music no matter what the rate of encoding are and there really are not any good free ones for WMP. Another thing is that winamp has lots of internet radio stations that you can access right away that are very good quality.

I was a great fan of winamp and used it all my life until i got Win Vista which have improved and integrated the new Windows media player so good, that I really enjoy using it now and one most important thing that made me change this program is SPEED! It opens in a fracture of a second while winamp really do take some time to load and do stuff...Plus the library of windows media player is very nicely integrated with windows vista features...In windows XP I always used Winamp!

Some time ago i used winamp but when i got wmp 11 i sticked with it and not used winamp then. The look, sound really rocked me so i would say windows media player (11).

For most of the music I play, I use iTunes, with Winamp as a backup. For movies however, it's Windows Media Player Classic all the way. With WMP Classic (with Real Alternative installed), you never have to struggle to find correct codecs, and subtitles work like a charm -- you don't even have to configure the path to them, they just play. I also have the VLC Media Player, and Zoom Media Player because I find that they usually have a higher success rate in playing incomplete files that other programs automatically deem as 'corrupt' from the get-go.