xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
leiaah

Old School Games remember mario, battle city?

My friend gave me Nesticle its a DOS based program with all the games played in the 80's and early 90's. The games are those I remembered playing with my brother when we were young, Super Mario (original, poor 2D graphics), Battle City (the one where you shoot tanks before they shoot you or your camp), Adventure Island (where you jump to get fruits), Galaxian (where you shoot/avoid spaceships). It's fun to play and it doesn't require much from your PC since it's very light and takes less memory unlike most PC games now. I don't know where my friend got it but I think it's freeware now. Really fun! :) Does anyone know any website that has Super Mario (Nintendo's Original Mario, the one with Dino) for download? :D

Nesticle is an emulator, correct?Also I loved playing those old school games, when I was really young my uncle whom had these games let me play them. Some of my favourite moments.

I love those old games and theyre so easy find on the net type roms in google and loads of results appear. I have emulators for all the old consoles and a good selection of roms my favourite are zelda the sim city fo the super nintendo and the mario and wario games. I have sunset riders too its a game for the super nintendo if anyone has completed this game id loke to know I cant beat the indian who throws knives at you and jumps from pole to pole.

Those definintely were some of the best games of all time like Mario, Zelda and the first few final fantasy games were amazing. Not only was gameplay so simple and yet so enjoyable but many of the storylines were wonderful as well. If only the same simplicity could still be in games of today.

i like the older games 2 my brother had the old systems like nes and snes and i loved most of the games on there my favorite of all time had to b the original zelda its still very fun

I remember commander keen! (1-3, keen dreams, 4) And raptor, and dukenukem (1,2,3d) and raiden.... And theme park, theme hospital, and all those other fun games i played because of sheer boredom as a kid.Oh, the nostalgia.

I still recall the old Metroid and Castlevania digs, those ancient plastic magic wonderlands where (as a kid) you could escape life for an hour or so. I think games now kind of suck the imagination out of us, the newer consoles delivier so much we are hardly given the chance to exercise our own thoughts, or even focus on what we really like about games. Now there are faults in games made simply for the purpose of job security and the mighty dollar. However, Metroid, Castlevania, Mario and Zelda 1&2 still rule the world of olden consoles. (FF rules games period) Those games were in truth nothing compared to games now as far as sound quality or graphics but they still had self-driven concepts that stood on their own. Not like games that you can buy today with the quality and calibur of titles like 50 Cents Bulletproof or Rumble Roses. -done.

yeah i have about 800+ roms worth of nintendo games, and i suauly played them til the end and that usually takes a couple of hours to do.but be warned do not post any links to these sites in this topic or you will lose your posting rights and or be banned. (TOS says no posting of illegal content in the forums).

My friend gave me Nesticle its a DOS based program with all the games played in the 80's and early 90's.  The games are those I remembered playing with my brother when we were young, Super Mario (original, poor 2D graphics), Battle City (the one where you shoot tanks before they shoot you or your camp), Adventure Island (where you jump to get fruits), Galaxian (where you shoot/avoid spaceships).  It's fun to play and it doesn't require much from your PC since it's very light and takes less memory unlike most PC games now.  I don't know where my friend got it but I think it's freeware now.  Really fun!  :)

Does anyone know any website that has Super Mario (Nintendo's Original Mario, the one with Dino) for download?  :)

177225[/snapback]

Those games are ALL EPIC!. SuperMarioBros was byfar the best most addicting game ever made. i have 10,000 ROM Emulators on my XboX, and i think of the 80 New Games loaded, i play super mario more than all of them. Donkey Kong is another classic game that scores high in my book. New games may have better graphix and 3Dism, but SuperMarioBros has the origionality and simplicity all new games have evolved from. Its so easy, but so fun and simple that it cant be shunned. Another AMAZING game is Commander Keen, that was a game of greatness. Once again, classic simplicity outranks newer complex games by far.