xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
CopperZepher

I Need Some Help With My Forum This dont fit no where else...

Using my hosting here, I have a forum. The forum is a phpBBFM. Now, back when I used to use regular phpBB, I had no problem with this. So, when I started using phpBBFM, I noticed a new mod that makes it so at the bottom of every post that has been edited, it says who edited it, when they did it, and how many times they did it. I was wondering if there was a way to disable this. Maybe it is in one of the files, or maybe it's in the Admin panel... the support for phpBBFM is not free. You have to donate before they notice you exist... Any help would be greatly appreciated!

i wish i could help, but i've never used a modified phpbb like phpbbfm before. just the old plain phpbb. the best way though is to check the admin control panel for a mod activation/deactivation if there is any. otherwise you may have to look into the code itself, to remove the mod.

Well I looked all through the Admin Panel, and couldnt find anything..Also, phpBB is so big because it's the best. Now if you think phpBB alone is big, try phpBBFM with 10 new themes. That had like 15,000 files. And transferring a bunch of small files in FTP takes forever because it has to start a transfer for each and every file. Now, a small file around 1 kilobyte only take a quarter of a second, but sometimes it can be so laggy...

in IPB there is an option under the specific groups: Allow user to remove 'Edited by' legend?also when we edit a post we have the option to turn it on off: Add the 'Edit by' line in this post?this is for IPB but maybe this will help you in PHPBB

Alright, I looked around all the options and I can't find anything. Now I'm having another problem. On my index page, one of my forums is showing up twice. It has the same link, and everything works on both of them, post in one, its in both. Is there a way I ca delete the second one? can I just delete the index.php and upload a new one? I'm going to look in the code first, and see if I can't just delete the double forum. Any ideas with the Editing thing would be really helpful too!