xisto Community
Acidify

Whats Your Name And Meaning Of It tell the meaning of ya name

My name is DUL. My granddad gave to me. I'm twin actually. So, my grandad had been choose 2 similar bame. whic mean Flame and Fire. Both of those about Fire. It is good name. I enjoy it.

My name is Volkan.It is a turkish name..and you could see it on the name it is means vulcan...so far i know it...i think this is a good name...everbody makes funny names of it.I like my name and that does everybody do.My sister has a beautiful name....her name is of a tree called tuba in the hemel.

well gotta know some interesting stories bout names..well my name is Apurva which is as your can see my user nick over here too.It mean "Rare" and its basically a sanskrit word!!And yeah i love my name cause its very uncommon!yippyAlso my friends call me Appu..which i never used to like in begining,cause in class 1 we had a chapter "Appu the elephant" anyways now i'm used to it and love when people call me Appu!

My first name is Leah Louise. I googled it and this is what I got:LEAH Gender: Feminine Usage: English, Jewish, Biblical Pronounced: LEE-a [key] From the Hebrew name Le'ah which was probably derived from the Hebrew word la'ah meaning "weary". Alternatively it might mean "mistress" or "ruler" in Assyrian. In the Old Testament she was the first wife of Jacob and the mother of seven of his children. LOUISE Gender: Feminine Usage: French, English Pronounced: loo-EEZ [key] French feminine form of LOUIS Leah is from a Hebrew word meaning "weary". It makes sense, I'm boring and sluggish at times. ^_^

My names Mike.From the Hebrew name Miyka'el which meant "who is like God?". This is the name of one of the seven archangels in Hebrew tradition and the only one identified as an archangel in the Bible. In the Book of Revelation in the New Testament he is portrayed as the leader of heaven's armies, and thus is considered the patron saint of soldiers. This was also the name of nine Byzantine emperors and a czar of Russia. Other more modern bearers of this name include the 19th-century chemist/physicist Michael Faraday and basketball player Michael Jordan.

Fair warning.

If this thread is updated with posts that should be quoted because it was copied from name dictionary, I shall close this thread down and give everyone who copied warnings!

Somebody's gonna get a hurt REAL BAD

Hey,My first name is Pimpida. This means Sunlight. (nice, isn't it?)PEople in my home country also have nicknames. So a full name is used in official and legal context and with teachers or professors. But nicknames are used amongst friends and family. Usually full name will be long and meaningful...whereas nicknames can be anything that your parents like (esp when you mom was pregnant) such as 'orange, sea, sand, cat, bird, song, cotton, dice, prawn, etc. I know it's funny ^_^

Woah... A lot of people have sanskrit-based names... Mine is indian too.Chandrika. It means 'daughter of the moon', 'moonlight' or something to that effect. It's the feminine version of my Father's name, Chandran. I was supposed to be a boy and my parents were going to call me Siddartha (just so that they could nickname me 'Sid' >_<)... And so when I came 3 months early and was a girl I think they didn't have time to be creative and just gave me his name. I don't mind. I like my name. It's better than Sid anyhow ^^. It's pretty common name in India but I've never met anyone in France who has my name so I've always felt pretty unique in that regard.

My name Nguyen Do Trang is supposed to be named after a Vietnamese scholar that's smart and stuff. I guess I'm kinda smart in away. lol. I can't live up to my name. lol. Its not my fault. But yeh I have had people come up to me and ask the significance of my name. I know my name is popular amongst Vietnamese people and well known but my has a meaning behind it. You sort of name your child in wish one day that name will be destined for greatness. I hope i live up to it like the elders say. lol. they better not trick me.

my name is.. tracey and it means......

"Although the name Tracey creates the urge to be reliable and responsible, we emphasize that it causes an emotional intensity that is hard to control. This name, when combined with the last name, can frustrate happiness, contentment, and success, as well as cause health weaknesses in the nervous system, worry, and mental tension.Your name of Tracey makes you very idealistic and generous, with the strong desire to uplift humanity leading you into situations where you can express your desire to serve others. You want to assume responsibilities and to look after people; however, you can become too involved in other people's problems and tend to worry. Your name gives you a natural desire to express along artistic and musical lines. You desire a settled home and family life, and are expressive and attentive to your loved ones."

yepp! It sounds kind of true except im not brave.. (what my name meant in a baby book for names lol) xP it said was a warrior :P

My name is Amber, which is a yellowish-gold color. "Simply means "amber", from the English word that denotes either the fossilized tree resin or the orange-yellow colour. The word ultimately derives from Arabic."When I was little I hated my name because it was to plain and dull. I always wanted a long name, like Izabella or Julietta. I was jealous of my older sister, Jessa, because her name was and is still very rare. People always ask me if it is short for Jessica and it is not.I like my name now because I'm older and wiser and I appreciate what I have.

Well my name is Mark and as far as i know i got it from Marcus Aurelius, one of the greatest Roman leaders and philosophers. I like it very much, because it is short and people don't have to give me nicknames. It is also quite rare here in Slovenia so people only know one or two Marks :rolleyes: