xisto Community
Acidify

Whats Your Name And Meaning Of It tell the meaning of ya name

My first name is kenneth and it means handsome,born of fire, and royal oath.My name is Gaelic, Scottish, and Old English.When I was little I wanted to change my name badly because I wanted a name starting with the letter 'D'And my mom would never change it for me and she told me I can change it when I get grown if I wanted to (I am not grown yet :) )But see my mom best friend named me and all of a sudden she died of a blood clog about a year ago.So I decided not to change it.I wanted my name to mean powerful god or something royal and rich but when I looked on the internet (google) the first thing I looked at was born of fire lol and I was like I am not the devil am I.

It's nice that you're keeping your name in memory of your mothers bestfriend.

My name is Michelle-Rae, it's like Michellerae. People call me Michelle and I've told that my name is Michelle which infact it's not. I was named after some little girl named Michelle Rae that my grandmother babysat over 20 years ago. No clue who she is only that in which I stated in the previous sentence.

I looked up the name Michelle-Rae in the name dictionary and the online name dictionaries and there were none for Michelle-Rae. I looked up Michelle and Rae seperately. Michelle means "Feminine of Michael gift from God" and that is the French definition. The hebrew definitions for my name are "Close to God" and "Who is like God". I knew about the "Feminine of Michael" but I didn't know of the God part in any way. Rae means "Doe" in English and "Grace" in Scottish.

I never really had appreciation for the name Michelle when I was younger. I thought it was manly and similar to Michael. The French version of Michael is also pronounced Michele so that I never really liked either.

I grew to appreciate my name when I knew that there weren't many Michelle-Rae's, maybe even none. I know there are many Michelle's and many Rae/Ray's and Michelle Rae/Ray with Rae being a part of the middle name. I have yet to meet a Michelle-Rae.

Like I stated above, I was always known as Michelle. I had always thought Rae was a part of my Middle name. It never really hit me that my name was Michelle-Rae until just last year. My dad was giving me heck when I told him my name is Michelle and not Michelle-Rae. He then told me that my name is Michelle-Rae and Michelle is nothing more then a nickname. It's tough having a hyphinated name... my sister does too and she knew her name was so-andso all along... I didn't. :)

I didn't know if I should have added my story, but I did.

Notice from cmatcmextra:
Edited as per request
Edited by cmatcmextra (see edit history)

My name is Ranjani and I find it annoying that none of the online name-definer dealies actually tell me what my name means. What ends up happening is I go and submit it, get e-mails back, correct names, and then I never visit that site again. But back to the story.Ranjani means "bringer of happiness" or "entertainer". You'd think that my mom chose a horrible name for me if you've ever seen us argue (which occurs at least on a daily basis). I admit I whine, I fuss, I sulk, I scream without reason sometimes when I'm upset because my mom has this weird tendency of thinking that I'm always lying to her. It must be an Indian thing.My parents are both immigrants from India so I'm a first generation American. I can't cook Indian food aside from the fried stuff, and I'm trying to learn to write and read my language from my brother (who takes college courses on it). They're from a place called Karnataka (the biggest state in India) and within it, from two nearby cities, Bangalore and Mysore. The languages of that area are Tamil and Kannada (more of a regional language than anything else). I'm told my name is actually Sanskrit, but it could be Tamil as well.

My name, surprisingly, is Joshua :)

It means "Jehovah is Salvation" and is a variation of Jesus as well. If you look up Jesus in Webster's it says the Hebrew for it is "yeshua, contr. of yehoshua (Joshua), help of Jehovah"

Anyway, I love my first name since it not only proclams that God is salvation but is also related to Jesus. And of course it's a name for a great warrior too, which is pretty cool.

My middle name is David meaning "beloved" and of course is the name for a giant-killer, also cool :D

And then my last name is Zambrano and since I'm a pitcher it's a great last name for me.

Oh, and I have my full name posted on a ton of profiles including my yahoo one anyway, so... *shrugs*

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Hmmm..... Some interesting stories here. Mine isn't, but I'll give it a go anyway.My name is Amanda. I don't mind it, it's just soooo many people around here have it. There are three of us with that name at my work. And there's only five workers there. Sometimes it's chaos.Actually, I had a french class with five Amanda's in it. That was during high school though. And the teacher made each one of us sit in a different row, as to not add to the confusion.Anyway, my name means loveable. Which, of course I am :D I think it's from Latin or something.Other than that, most people call me Mandy.It's all true. I swear :)

My name is Ideen and i am Persian. I am from Iran but my Mothers dad and mom were from azarbaijain, which is a country that was seperated from Iran hundreds of years ago. So my name is turkish.My name means light.... So for anyone asking... We have a turkish part in Iran called Azarbaijan. Which is now also the name of a country.

Yep, Amanda would be Latin!Amo, amare - to love! I'm not sure about the nda part though :)

Haha, my name is lisa. I have a small story to it, my mom gave me the name and she was about to call me "Alisa". But I sometimes want to change my name, because I have a brother and sister named Joshua and Jessica so sometimes I wish my name was "Julia" to match along XD. But then again, it stands out from my siblings and that makes me a little more unique =:)=. Here are the meanings to my name:Origin: English Meaning: Diminutive of Elizabeth: Oath of God. My God is bountiful. Lisa is often used as an independent first name. Origin: German Meaning: Devoted to God. Origin: Greek Meaning: Diminutive of Elizabeth: From the Hebrew Elisheba, meaning either oath of God, or God is satisfaction. Also, the lilly flower. Origin: Hebrew Meaning: Diminutive of Elisabeth or Elizabeth, from Elisheba, meaning either oath of God, or God is satisfaction. Also a diminutive of Bethia (daughter or worshipper of God), and of Bethany, a New Testament village near Jerusalem. @_@ very god-much XDall my friends call me by "Hotaru" which means "firefly". I wanted to name myself hotaru because [1] it's a pretty name and [2] it the name of the main character of my story =P. Hotaru is a japanese name for both male and female. Wow, a long article about my name X_X

DANIELGender: MasculineUsage: English, Jewish, French, German, Scandinavian, Polish, Czech, Spanish, Portuguese, Romanian, BiblicalPronounced: DAN-yul (English), dan-YEL (French) [key]From the Hebrew name Daniyel meaning "God is my judge". Daniel was a Hebrew prophet whose story is told in the Book of Daniel in the Old Testament. He lived during the Jewish captivity in Babylon, where he served in the court of the king, rising to prominence by interpreting the king's dreams. The book also presents Daniel's four visions of the end of the world. Famous bearers of this name include English author Daniel Defoe, Swiss mathematician Daniel Bernoulli, and American frontiersman Daniel Boone.

My name is Dennis, not much but still has a history :)
It's led from Dionysus, the Greek God of wine, agriculture, and fertility of nature. In other cases Dennis means the happy one, wich suits me well.

My first name is "Kasidis" which mean have the most power in all the Kingdoms. I don't know if this is the real meanning or not but my mother used to tell me that.My nick name is "Nue" which came from the word "Conti(NUE)". When my mother given birth to me then she said that she wants to have another child and name to "Conti(NUE)" so that how my nickname cam from and now I have a little sister came after me :)

My name is Ilona....I have no idea what it means actually...I do know why my mom and dad named me Ilona. A girl who lived in the neighbourhood had the name Ilona and they really liked it,, that's why they called me Ilona :)