xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
guangdian

Have A Question About Traffic ... Bandwidth

yes.well,

on 14,august, I have a traffic of 1G bandwidth but i don't know which some files useing so lots bandwidth..

it's a record on cpanel bandwidth

6  8.11 8.117  8.08 8.08
8  8.88 8.88
9  8.17 8.17
10  9.76 9.76
11  10.19 10.19
12  51.27 51.27
13  334.64 334.64
14  1233.53 1233.53
15  370.98 370.98
16  93.10 93.10
17  124.49 124.49
18  170.57 170.57
19  32.71 32.71

i have not got more details about that problem.
is it some one ddos me?
or anything else.
just help me for that
thank you,
guangdian.

Someone could be downloading files from your webhost that you might not take notice. It does not really mean they need to go to your website first before downloading. They can hotlink from other sites directly to the file source.Probably also, you might be hosting large files which takes alot more bandwidth. You may however, if you would like, block these IP address from downloading from your webhost again in your cpanel. Only do this if you think the IP is static and it is always leaching bandwidth...

Use AWSTATS and WEBALIZER in your stats section and it will show you the files which has been accessed the most. That should give you the idea.

I just checking it.i can not found the ip address.but i just know that my index.php is the most file downloaded.so i just ask some friends,i think there would be a guy refreshing my page by some tool on aug,14.he runs my 900M bandwidth.

I am not sure of what kind of website you are using...there can be a possibility that some one might be HOTLINKING some of the graphics on your website and thus wasting you BANDWIDTH..if that is the case then you must use .htaccess to stop that as someone might be STEALING your bandwidth!

Yes, as the fellow said be careful with hotlink, someone can be profiting about your pictures or other stuff. Block their Ips and maybe add a watermark to your pictures. That would persaude some people, not to steal your bandwidth.

Is it possible that someone's trying to sabotage your website? I know this site http://www.netdisaster.com/index.html where you type in your whatever the site and it eats up the bandwidth. In the world of free hostings and limited bandwidths, this is a sure way to destroy a certain site by causing to use the maximum bandwidth allowed... it's pretty sad that people like to destroy other's creation. lol the WAR is within us!

Their IP is 212.27.35.89 not that it matters since it does not show up on your IP logs. But our cPanel has IP block tool. If you see a multiple IP using up bandwidths (I'm not sure how we can track this) you can block that IP.