xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
songlikeecho

Firefox Vs. Other Browsers. suggestions?

I use both Firefox and Opera, and they both work fine, though I prefer Opera. With firefox it comes with a popup blocker, which works pretty well.It's good, but I think Opera is better but that's just me. :)

:) Theres alot of Buzz about everything in this world of technology we are in, but the fact is it all depends on your needs, as with everything.If you have high security needs, don;t go anywhere near Internet Explorer. But if you need simplity and understanding, internet explorer isn't that bad.Do a weigh up of the different features and uses of the browser and make a decision, if it don;t work out, its not really that hard to swap over, unless your got a thousand favs, and alot of stuff. I also thought there was already a topic going on this, but anyway.

I've used Opera, Firefox and I.E. I liked Mozilla the best out of all of them but I don't use it because I'm use to I.E. Opera always gave me problems, it would freeze up on me. I haven't used it in years so I don't know if it's better now. Firefox is great with the pop-up blocker, I use it when I want to go on a site with many Pop-ups. When I first got Firefox I thought that it looked exactly like Opera and I was a skeptic because of my past problems with Opera. It wasn't like the Opera I had used after the first 4 times of using it. Without it I would be pulling my hair because Internet Explorer was screwed up.Internet Explorer is troublesome. I'd strongly recommend not using it. Gives me one problem after another and I still use it. I use it because Firefox takes a while to load up on my computer and I don't like waiting if I'm doing something. So I'd really suggest Firefox if you decide to switch. You can give it a try and I'm sure you'll like it. If not then I strongly suggest sticking to what you have now.

So all you want to know is why you should get firefox? Well this topic has been created before and here's the answer and here's a 21-paged topic called Firefox -v- IE.

And besides all people are gonna say in this topic (in many different ways) is that firefox is good because of its security, extensions and themes and quick-search bookmark feature. More informationabout this on the ff webiste and links above.

#David789 -- Opera is a browser that can be downoloaded for free but there's a nasty banner ad for Opera in the program unless you pay for it. More info...

I declare this SPAM. Report this topic with a good reason if you want it opened. Please search the forums before starting a new topic to prevent this from happening again.

// Locked