xisto Community
thebluekirby

Kids Bop Agh...theyre already on volume 9...

Ok, you guys might think I'm a little immature to be ranting about some kids CD, but I just needed to let my self out somewhere. This is like...a sad excuse to be making money. It even sickens me how people actually buy this series! I mean, when the first two volumes of Kids Bop came out, I thought it was pretty cool and now they're on volume 9?!How can you find their music enjoyable? It's a bunch of ametures singing all the popluar songs? Even from watching the commercials, I couldn't bare the way they were singing, it was pathedic. And you can even hear a male voice in the background singing along with them.I am a singer myself and have been traned to sing for a few years and I'm about the same age as these kids on this CD but them compared to me, they're having a hard time controling their voices -__-;;;Kids bop reminds me of Barney, how all the kids sing along in groups to sing songs. It's just like Kids Bop. This is exactly how I feel about the series and I hope I didn't get anyone offended.

I completely agree with you. How they are making money off of this, I have no idea. When I was young, I do not remember ever listening to or wanting to listen to children singing songs. Eep. I am so sick of the commercials and the obnoxious dancing and happy "even i love this cd!" mother. gag.

horrible, horrible stuff. this is music that parents who only let their kids listen to children's songs and won't let their kids listen to 'regular' music to buy for their kids to make them feel like they are hip or something. I've only seen the commercials, have never heard a whole song, So I was wondering- they must edit some of these songs for content, right?

While I haven't exactly LISTENED to it, it does seem pretty much...pathetic. The commercials aren't exactly good, either. I also don't see how they could make money off of them. While I'm not exactly saying I hate it, I'm just saying it doesn't seem that good. Also, you're probably right about what you said about it, brandice. Also, they'd have to edit it since it's for kids.

I'm a singer myself and just hearing those commercials makes me angry. At first it's cut and all, but after awhile it starts to get annoying. I bet the kids of the parents who actually brought it for them doesn't listen to it, who would?I bet, though, the parents of those from the commercials are counting their money like the geedy Star Parents they are (that is if they get paid).

Those commercials are very annoying because the songs do not sound as good as when the original artist sings it. It completely ruins a good song if you ask me. I am glad that someone finally wanted to bring attention to this horrible collection of songs.

Omg what crappy music :) and I've only just listened to two 30s clips of their songs. Who's the man singing in the background, it's not the original artist is it?

I don't think they show these ads in the UK but they shouldn't. Funny tho, it's in the top 100 seller on amazon.

Preview the songs (not recommended): https://www.amazon.com/154-1112167-3074257?ie=UTF8&v=glance

I would give you the link to all 47 reviews but I won't...

Hmm...from what your saying, a school that makes CD's of there kid choir and try to make money from it, is wrong? Amateur singers, eh? There kids, and front what I've seen there not even in puberty yet. Have you bought there CD? Has it effected you in any way? Nope it hasn't effected you, yet you insist to dump on them. Sure, I agree thats it a lame attempt to make a grab for money. But its human nature to be greedy, I bet you have done something in your life to make a money grab be it real life or in online gaming or sorts.I leave you with this, sure it sickens you people buy it, but what you going to do about it?

Hmm...from what your saying, a school that makes CD's of there kid choir and try to make money from it, is wrong?

No, because the money is going to the school so they can improve the environment of the school for other students. The money earnt from the Kidz Bop is going to the parents' pockets.

A school cd is sold in the school and people buy it because [a] everybody loves to hear there children sing the children want to hear themselves on their own cd [c] it benefits the school. Besides, unlike a school cd, this one is being sold half way across the country people probably couldn't care less about the fact that Arthur Fortune's son is singing on tv. People have no reason to buy this apart from to annoy the h-ll out of their friends :)

Have you bought there CD?

Nope, but I listened to their samples and that's enough. I've read the reviews and poor people have been forced to listen to the whole CD, that makes their signle star ratings matter more. Surely all these people can't be wrong. Google "kidz bop crappy" if you want opinions. Then google "kidz bop great".

But its human nature to be greedy, I bet you have done something in your life to make a money grab be it real life or in online gaming or sorts.

But not on this scale. For it to be in the top 100 sellers they must be making million$.

Just my opinion...

I try really hard to avoid those commercials. I have been singing for over 10 years now and when I listen to something like that it sounds like someone scratching a chalk board. I can't stand it when children sing, they sound very unprofessional. I hate flat notes and I hate sharp notes... they make me cringe. The fact that they're singing pop songs where half of the original artists can't sing themselves is completely hilarious.I know that they use to cherish young boys voices hundreds of years ago because they could go really high... but these kids were taught to sing by bishops and other people in the churches to be able to sing. Now when I hear these kids singing all I hear is kids cheering the song not singing it. Even just watching American Idol or Canadian Idol I have to critisize others singing ability. I can tell when they are flat or when they are sharp. I have taken singing lessons for the last 4 years and I have been in choral/choir for 10 years. I know a lot about singing, I might not be a pop sensation... but I can hit notes higher then Britney Spears or Ashlee Simpson can even wish to hit and sound good. These kids may be connecting to a younger audience that don't know the difference between good singing and bad singing. I think it's great for younger children who are not ready for bras, lingerie, and a lot of butt. I support it for the kids, not so much for myself. If the kids continue to buy these rather then becoming a fan of the real thing (ie/ Britney Spear) then it's not that bad.

i think thosescds suck...its some non singing people singing with some non singing children and ruining perfectly fine songs that are already out on cd that dont need re-recording because they're already songs...now if they were making new songs to appeal to younger kis id understand but jus re-singin alrady made songs with people thatcant sing...is worse than karaoke, cover songs, and remixes

Kidz Bop is annoying. I hate hearing "kids" sing the "hot" songs on radio or media they make it sound rated G. Like you said Barney. lol. I do'nt know who would buy this stuff but I'll surely not buy it for my kids. omg i woould kill myslef if my child wanted the cd. lol.

I absolutely hate these cd's. It drives me nuts.They are little kids singing songs they don't even understand. When I was that age I only listened to music that had a really good beat or a chorus that gets stuck in your head.Imagine when they grow up. "Oh, I forgot to write I was in kidzbop on my resume(sp?)".

Oh man, I'm reading a lot of negative reviews. I don't have the CDs myself, but I listened to the clips provided on Amazon.If I may so correct as to provide my 2 cents worth and generalise. I think the Kids have potential and some sort of entertainment value ONLY and ONLY if they were doing something original and something kiddy, cos the genre and difficulty of the popular songs they have chosen to dabble in are over them. And that is no surpirse. Why? Cos most kids can't pull such a stunt successively without sounding too trying. I guess if one were to listen to this for pure Kids songs pleasures and looking for the nature of the ensemble to be exploited, one would be extremely disappointed.However having said all that, I do believe that there is some entertainment value in their songs. Though as I must reiterate again that the quality could be enhanced if it were 1. pure kids singing without those adult voices, 2. origianl songs that suit them. I mean, being a singer for 7 years and having a grade 8 in voice, I believe singing has to come from the heart. What of kids so young who sing about love and relationship problems experienced by the adult song writers. I think that's why people are disappointed when they hear the songs. Cause the songs are distorted, they do not carry the message! That is a horrible and serious mistake for anything vocal. Yes, the songs they did were bad, but I must remind everyone, hey it was the songs not them.Now considering I'm ranting about their choice of songs, who chose the songs? The directors. They deserve to be sacked and replaced with more capable people who can exploit the full potential of children and use the ensemble to its natural advantage. e.g. A symphonic orchestra, a gospel choir, and a rock band or have different natural advantages and better naturally at sending out certain messages and performing certain kind of songs.In conclusion, SONG choices are extremely important. To any budding singer out there, you can only sing a song as well as you can up to a certain standard. Now to hit the barrier, you must testify with the song, not because you have went through the same experiences as the song speaks of, or those of the songwriter but because as a performer, a singer, you are able to put on that expression and feel it (even though its artificial) you feel it and make it most real. This is just like the fact that the best writers need not believe in what they are writing, but their readers do!I think the kids have not reach a performing standard as that above to do something they have not experienced first hand and yet make it sound endearing

I, personally, absolutly cringe whenever I hear those commercials on TV. I mean, come on.....hearing Franz Ferdianand's "Take Me Out" sung by a whole bunch of little kids makes me hate that song, even when I hear the real version on the radio!!Seriously, what's next? "Question" by System of a Down? "Dr. Feelgood" by Motley Crue?? Instead of sticking with the crappy pop music that's infesting MTV, they're starting to hit the better mainstream bands. They can rip off as many boy / girl band songs as they want....they all suck to begin with, let these kids promote just how sucky the songs are......but so help me, if by kids bop 11, they're doing "Enter Sandman", I will start listening to country music....and I HATE country music.....but it would sure beat jamming my fingers into my ears everytime their commercials come on