xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
heavensounds

Intel’s Pentium 4 Overclocked To 7.1ghz! Now thats what Id like to have;)

According to Slashdot, a Japanese managed to overclock his Pentium 4 processor to 7,132 Ghz with the help of liquid nitrogen! The computer worked stable and was able to correctly display the Pi number to million decimals in 18.516 seconds - current world record. I really ask myself what is todays limit of processor speed...Can you bet him??-_-

I really ask myself what is todays limit of processor speed...Can you bet him??-_-

174683[/snapback]

I'm assuming you wanted to type "beat him"?

I don't know about how fast this computer I used to work on, but it was part of solaris human genome project by Bioinfomatics. This computer had enough power and data storage space to map out the complete sequence of a single chromosome (a complete sequence of DNA links). It says that if a person would write a pair of DNA sequence in 1 second, it will take one human lifetime to complete the task in writing the entire sequence of DNA found in one chromosome. The rumor has it that this mega million dollar computer did it under 8 months.

We have computers that can calculate the future and come back from the past because it went too fast :P It's a matter of who's willing to pay for one to own?

Yeah that's incredible. I got a screenshot with this... I thought you may want it...

Posted Image

Ahhh! Sorry the host i uploaded image on doesn't permit accessing it and it doesn't display on the forum -_-

However I uploaded the pic on ImageShack https://imageshack.com/static/go?id=9z11235157505bkj

Cheers

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Merging double posts. You can notify us by clicking on the REPORT button located at the bottom of every post.

Yeah I ment "beat" -_- Wow..that sounds interesting - DNA and all that! Predicting future? Hm...thats a hard one;) I don't believe that that sort of thing will ever be made possible because everything would loose its sense and actually it wouldn't change anything because, when everbody knew their future, the would have tried to change it and then their future would be different again - u know what I mean? it would become a vicious circle of constant looking in the future, trying to avoid bad situations, but as soon as you would do something different than the way "it was planned" the whole future would change and you would have to go through the same process again and again...It just wouldn't help anyone i think!

It may be fast, but do you really need it? Giive it 4 years and it will be out on the streets by something bigger and better and faster.Maybe we can hand around and pay millions to get it like that, but the fact of the matter really, is you don't got no use for it!...Except fun and fame!! -_-:P

Wow, that's fast! I'd love to use a computer that fast (or at least faster than mine)! Seems pretty impressive to me that it was overclocked (and stable) at that speed. Well, you never really know how it can be used. That could be used for may purposes (including personal use).

I have a friend who managed to overclock his pentium to 5 ghz and spent only 300 Euros on it. How he managed that i don't know, maybe he is just boasting around but i thoguht it would be ok if i mention that here. 7.1 - wow that sounds a lot, I would like to see that monster in action..Greetz

I can see temperature of 242?C. Is this barbique???

177940[/snapback]

It would normally be if you ask me. I think that is insane that someone got their computer running that fast. I guess I should buy a mini fridge for my room and put my computer in it ;) . I would think that liquid nitrogen and/or the speed would destroy the processor.

im confused why would you want to make your computer run that fast, and from the several topics that i have read about this, it just seems stupid to do it when it will fry your computer to shred.

what the...he is running at 1500 FSB that pretty high and will certainly cause some thermal issues, look at the system temprature reading, I am not sure if that's correct, but if this is true then what a feat.

Thats some major cooling going on! Thats fast 7.1ghz, I think that would beat my 200mhz computer, no doubt hehe. I wonder what would happen if they brought the temperature to near 0 degree kelvin. Would the performance increase?Xad