xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
katagirl3000

liposuction safe?

Oprah Winfrey has said that she's never recieved liposuction. I don't know if this is true or not, and I don't care. But my question is, if she is so rich, why wouldnt' want to liposuction. I am just curious as to how dangerous it is because I'm expecting to get some lipo done after i have all the kids i want so I can get my body back to normal faster as I exersize. I mean, I'm going to try my hardest not to gain too much and to exersize while i'm pregnate and all, i'm just curious as to what are the dangers of it. i'm NOT pregnate or overweight btw :)

As far as I know, there arent any serious risks...or none that I can think of anyway. But, im sure it would hurt like H***...I put those stars there... :) , but other than a huge amount of pain...I guess its just like a normal operation...only ur getting ur fat sucked out of you into a jar... :)

There are safer way than liposuction, there is this thing called lipodissolve, they will just place some cream on your body, wrap the body part with some sort of plastic wrapper and your fats will be dissolved.

There are safer way than liposuction, there is this thing called lipodissolve, they will just place some cream on your body, wrap the body part with some sort of plastic wrapper and your fats will be dissolved.

haha with that lipodissolve i'd be more afraid that it would do harm to my skin. I just think it's weird that u know oprah wouldn't do it when she had so much money. I think it's because if you lose too much weight during lipo you could probably kill yourself. Because they say if you lose more than a pound a week it's really dangerous. But i'm not really sure why she wouldn't want lipo.

Liposuction can has side-effects. One of then is Yo-Yo effect. That means u can gain fat they pumped it out back. If your are overweight person by gens, meaning you will have problems in keeping your after-liposuction weight. I guess Oprah had liposuction too, cause her body changes from season to season.

as far as i know liposuction is very dangerous and has many many side effects. i certainly dont recommend it to anybody.if u want to retain ur weight lose, natural methods are the only solution. best luck!

complications with liposuction include unhappiness or lack of satisfaction as patient's unrealistic expectations do not come trueremoval of an excessive volume of fat by liposuction on a single day is also harmful and is termed as excessive liposuctionliposuction of an excessive number of body areas on the same day is too considered in the same waycombinations of liposuction and other unrelated surgical procedures which involves excessive surgical trauma and prolonged exposure to general anesthesia as this will also have anaesthesia linked complicationsOther complications include superficial irregularities of the skin, discoloration of the skin, skin necrosis, numbness or nerve injury, and temporary adverse drug reactionsThere can even be life threatening complications as DVT, Fat embolism, aspiration pneumonia, cardiac arrest, arrhythmias, permanent nerve damage, brain hypoxia resulting in HIE etc

Oprah Winfrey has said that she's never recieved liposuction. I don't know if this is true or not, and I don't care. But my question is, if she is so rich, why wouldnt' want to liposuction. I am just curious as to how dangerous it is because I'm expecting to get some lipo done after i have all the kids i want so I can get my body back to normal faster as I exersize. I mean, I'm going to try my hardest not to gain too much and to exersize while i'm pregnate and all, i'm just curious as to what are the dangers of it. i'm NOT pregnate or overweight btw :lol:

Hello there,

Liposuction is pretty safe. I would personally barely even call it a surgery... It is not dangerous really as long as the doctor who is doing it does it safely and do not get bacterias inside you =D

Just got to be careful who you are choosing to do it with. And it is not really hard to practice as operation, so get sure you are informed about their license if it is valid, because there are many peoples can just fake a license and then get things not done well. Get informed...

1) Valid licenses
2) Valid doctor

Good luck!

Tim.

All plastic surgery has side effects. It may sound simple "oh you put a tube in and suck the fat out" but near/in/around the fat are ESSENTIAL things like blood vessels nerves etc so of course there will be side effects.Losing weight with good diet and exercise is obviously the ideal way to do it but I suppose we are all after a 'quick fix' these days and lipo definitely offers the cosmetic appeal.As for gastric bypass and lap banding procedures. They're aimed at weight loss over time not direct fat removal. I think they pretty much either make you absorb less fat by bypassing some of your gut or make you eat less by making your stomach be able to hold less food (so you feel full alot earlier).They do work but one again, side effects! Any decision on these must be made after consultation with an accredited surgeon anyway.It is interesting that despite all of Oprah's money she still has weight issues. But that's a normal human thing, I guess money can't solve everything!

Oprah Winfrey has said that she's never recieved liposuction. I don't know if this is true or not, and I don't care. But my question is, if she is so rich, why wouldnt' want to liposuction. I am just curious as to how dangerous it is because I'm expecting to get some lipo done after i have all the kids i want so I can get my body back to normal faster as I exersize. I mean, I'm going to try my hardest not to gain too much and to exersize while i'm pregnate and all, i'm just curious as to what are the dangers of it. i'm NOT pregnate or overweight btw :P

I think liposuction is not good.if you can do more sport,i think it's much healthy for you!OPS. is OPS.,cannot instead of exercise!