xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Dooga

What Day Is The First Day Of The Week? What do you think?

What day is the first day of the week?  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm a Prodestant Christian, so i think that Sunday is the first day. Although Jews say the Sabbath is on Saturday (actually, from Sundown on Friday to sundown on Saturday, since their Day is from sundown to sundown). And the Calendar thing doesn't matter since after you reach the right side it goes over to the left. I don't get what the problem is.

I believe that Sunday is the first day of the week because there are 7 days in a usual row on a Calendar and the first day is usually a Sunday and ends with a Saturday. I follow my Calendar so I vote for Sunday.My computers clock goes as Monday being the first day of the week, it kind of confuses me whenever I need to reset my clock.I believe that Monday is the start of the work week though, because when people use working days they leave Saturday and Sunday out.

i think that its Monday, that's what we always used in my coutry, but since i came to us, i've seen that most people use sunday as the first day of the week. i think that's in the calendars to and i do not know the sotry behind any of them but i go with monday, and sunday the last because its a weekend, after a long week of working , than comes the end where you have sme fun, ust like in real life, you work and work at the end, you retire and just chill, and the end comes ;).

i would have to with monday being the first day even though sunday is consider the actual beginning of the week with satuday ending it, why who knows, who decided thisthe POPE thats who :o:P:P;):P:o

Wow, a quote from this first site that you get when you search "first day week" in google

The Bible clearly makes the Sabbath the last day of the week, but does not share how that corresponds to our 7 day week. Yet through extra-biblical sources it is possible to determine that the Sabbath at the time of Christ corresponds to our current 'Saturday.' Therefore it is common Jewish and Christian practice to regard Sunday as the first day of the week (as is also evident from the Portuguese names for the week days). However, the fact that, for example, Russian uses the name "second" for Tuesday, indicates that some nations regard Monday as the first day.
In international standard ISO-8601 the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) has decreed that Monday shall be the first day of the week.

So Monday is Officially the first day of the week by the IOS 8601 or something... but I still think that's a bit weird...

Well, I usually feel that it's Monday.But I really wish there were 8 days in a week (5working days, and 3 days for weekend) haha... :) Anyway, I know a friend who works on Fri- Sun. Then have Mon- Thurs as holiday.So I guess her first day would be Friday or sth.Also during term time, at my university, we feel first day is different day every term depending on our assignment.