xisto Community
msdeeva

Php Editor? Do You Know Of Any?

Hi,

I'm looking for any easy way to edit a php page.  I'm really new to this programming language, and I don't have a lot of time, so I'd prefer if I could find a WYSIWYG PHP editor.

Do you guys know of any.

Thanks.

173798[/snapback]

:ph34r:

In order to test PHP programs...

"EngInSite Editor for PHP" in http://www.enginsite.com/php-editor.htm

If you need write PHP, Ultraedit. ultraedit.com

Hi,

I'm looking for any easy way to edit a php page.  I'm really new to this programming language, and I don't have a lot of time, so I'd prefer if I could find a WYSIWYG PHP editor.

Do you guys know of any.

Thanks.

173798[/snapback]

Slow down. Do a little research, https://www.google.ca/?gws_rd=ssl...

First thing, a wysyg for php? It doesn't work like that. As far as editors go, any text editor will work. But a good free editor is bluefish.

http://bluefish.openoffice.nl/index.html

If by php you mean html, well search google for a free wysyg. I doubt you're doing this as a means to make money or keep your job, so there really is no rush except your own impatience. I strongly suggest you take the time to learn php properly. If you need some debugging done, post your error message and appropriate code snippets and I'll gladly help you fix it.

For coding I mostly use Crimson Editor. It has few really good features, it's perfect for coders.Of course there are others, but when one gets used to an editor, it's not easy to change it, even one knows there are better editors.

Ugh. HTML is a markup language - it is used for creating the graphical front end of a web site. PHP is not. Apart from syntax highlighting and code formatting (as well as possible error checking), there isn't a great deal any editor can do for you. So you might as well stick to your free, simple text editor.

Although I don't know of any, there may be editors floating around that allow rapid PHP development by containing shortcuts to functions etc.

Anyway, if you want to learn any language, you can't do it overnight. I would suggest you either put in the time and effort, or don't bother at all.

There's a program called PHPedit that is designed specifically for PHP development. I cannot remember the site where it is located, but if you are interested, google it!!

I did it but over four nights! :huh:

without sleep ofcourse...

191390[/snapback]

No you didn't. You may have picked up the very basics of the language, but it is not possible to learn any language in just four days (not even the simplest of high-level programming languages). I would very much doubt that you are very skillful in the language in question if you spent only four days learning it.

A really really good editing program, which besides being great, is free is a program called Crimson editor. I really like this program and I recently stopped using notepad, because it has tabs on it which I really like which is like having lots of notepads open, and it also color codes the languages, it has line numbers on the left, and it shows you where a block ends.If you want to go to an extreme, but the downside is that you have to have linux (which isnt bad, but not many people know how to use linux) you can get Quanta. Which is the best editing program I have ever seen so far. This one is the best. GiMP and Quanta is all I need.!

Yes, notepad would the simplest,and everone probally has it on thier machine already.I like free stuff.I use macromedia dreamweaver ,and use its editor.

Hi,

Do you guys know of any.

Thanks.

173798[/snapback]

I LOVE PSPAD its great not only does it do multi highlighter but it does ftp edits for ease of use eith the web server

Hi,

Do you guys know of any.

Thanks.

173798[/snapback]

the best PHP and or other web programming language editor is a Macromedia Dreamweaver 8. I am sure its the best! ^_^

How about Zend Studio 3.5?

It is the most advanced Integrated Development Environment specifically designed to address the needs of the professional PHP developer to Develop, Debug, Deploy and Manage PHP Applications.

I bought a book on PHP last summer and this was advertised at the back. I get an instant $20 rebate by buying the book but buying the software is a bit expensive for me so I haven't tried it. I rely mostly on Notepad and Macromedia Dreamweaver since both are excellent PHP editors, not WYSIWYG but still excellent. :P Here's the website: ZEND