xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
msdeeva

Hi Everyone

Hi Guys,I'm new here, just wanted to introduce myself. I've been dabbling in web design for a couple of years off and on and I am somewhat satisfied with my website. But of course everytime I feel comfortable with it, some new scripting language comes out and I just don't have the time to learn them all. Anyway, hopefully you all will be able to help with questions that come up. Actually, I have a question that's off topic:Does "No post count" mean, no credit for posting?Thanks

yes. there posts you will not get credits..

and i just learned webdesign in 2000..so i just interesting in the new standard of w3c..

-_-

173445[/snapback]

I took a break for about two years because I went back to RN school. Now I find out that html is no longer an acceptable format. Now it's all about XHTML, php, cgi, and of course javascript. My head hurts. I don't have time. I just want someone to come up with a one-stop-shop program so I can upload my pages already and be done with it hee hee. The thing is, I also have the nerve to be picky about my content. C'est la vie. I'll eventually get to where I want to be. I just wish there was more time in the day. :lol:

actually i think the more accepted format in my opinion is php, javascript and flash. The rest is really just not worth the bother. XML is only reasonable for pulling dynamic objects into flash, seems like the easiest way to do it, but not for web design. I still believe the html has it's place on the web especially when your dealing with very very small sites. The larger the site the more painful it is, changing menu's on a hundred pages bla bla bla.
Anyway have a great time here, i did, but i think i'm on my way out...
round

Hi msdeeva,
Welcom to the Xisto forums. Can sympathize with you re:

some new scripting language comes out and I just don't have the time to learn them all.

Anyway who does..it's a fulltime job. .there's lots of friendly, helpful people here at Xisto. who will gladly help you out. Just post any questions you have & someone will be sure to get back to you. The admins & moderators are good.. so PM them ( the moderators) for any help you need for your website.The hosting is excellent.. they REALLY DO have 99.99% uptime
Make some new friends & enjoy the learning process.
RGPHNX

Welcome to Xisto, msdeeva!It's good news to hear that you managed to find us and join the best free hosting service in the world! I wish you the best of luck on your new site and in learning all of the new scripting languages that you would like to learn. As some of the members already said, the features, service, and people here are really great. If you have any questions, please make sure to ask any one of us and I am sure that somebody will be willing to help you. Good luck and I will see you around!