xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
xJedix

Dvd Burning Question

Hey guys, I got a question about burning dvd's. I have searched google for tutorials or guides but none that I found helped me out. So, I'm hoping you guys might be able to help me out.I got some dvd's that I own that have a lot of scratches on them. I was wondering if their was a way to put 2-3 movies on one dvd. Is this possible? I heard some people talking about it and saying they have done it but so far I haven't found anything that would allow me to do this.And no, this is not illegal... As long as I own the dvd, I can make as many copies of em as I wanted to. So no spamming about that :\Thanks, xJedix

The main question is, Do you want to play the movies in DVD player? or is computer fine with you. I rip DVD movies to DIVX format and my friend has one DVD which has about 11 DIVx movies on it.Getting back to your question, Did you try ROXIO? I am sure it has utilities which will allow you to do it.

Yes, I would like to be able to play the dvd on my dvd player. Unfortunitly, my dvd player is sort of old so it can't play divx dvd's.I have not tried roxio, but I have tried nero recode 2 but it needs to vts files. I am not sure how i would compress vts.I have also tried dvd shrink. I was almost able to fit 2 dvds on it, but not quite.Any help, suggestions, or advice is appreciated.Thanks, xJedix

i use dvd shrink too. I think two dvds on a disc is alot seeing as the dvd files are large sizes. I never heard of 11 dvds onto one disc. lol. Maybe that's a double plated disc. whatever. maybe he changed them to avi or some other video format that's smaller. I have no idea. Just tossing out ideas.

Go to Videohelp.com. You will find plenty of resources, tools , guides etc there.It is one of the best resources available on net for DVD burning..I am sure, it will be very very helpful.Thnak You.

Go to Videohelp.com. You will find plenty of resources, tools , guides etc there.

It is one of the best resources available on net for DVD burning..

I am sure, it will be very very helpful.

Thnak You.

173272[/snapback]

Thanks man, that site has a lot of useful information about anything you would want to know about dvd's. I sort of found what I wanted and can piece together the rest. So thanks for all of your guys' help.

If you want to know which guide helped me.... go here: http://www.videohelp.com/guides?guideiselect=6%3b30

Thanks again, xJedix

I personally need a DVD urner lol....i would really enjoy if I was able to burn dvds tho. I use Netflix so i get movies alot...I could build up my personal collection quite fast lol.

I would recommend you to buy a dvd which read divx. Nowadays they are quite affordable and you do not imagine how pleasant is to seat if front of your big living room television to see the latest movies.

DVD Shrink is a great program for DVD backups. It isn't possible, well, feasably possible to fit more than one DVD movie into a backup. You can fit 3 high quality divx movies to a standard 4.7gb DVD-5 media or 6 standard quality divx movies. As quality decreases you can fit more.More than one MPEG2 movies (DVDs are MPEG2 encoded) on one disc will require you to cut out all the extras, hack or get rid of all menus and re-encode in very very very low quality for it to happen, and it is not worth it, plus I've never heard of this happening so what you've heard must have been about more than one divx on one DVD-R media.

it depends how the movie....yes it is possible i have a DVD in it contains 3 movies...and they are very long i dont know how they did this but i think there is software...i do the job for you...try to search it...i think i heard about DVD shrink try to search it ....if it is possible.. :)

Burning Divx (.avi) movies to DVD is just throwing the file into a DVD disc with your favorite burning software. However you'll need either:1) A computer2) A dvd player with the ability to play Divx filesto watch the movies on the DVD