xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Peaktao

Reality Shows

Are there many reality shows in your country and which one is your favourite?There are quite a few reality shows here in Thailand. Although sky TV of course shows many of foreign reality shows, we also have our own such as Big Brother etc.My favourite reality show is Academy Fantasia. I think there is this show in other countries as well. It's quite similar to the UK POP Idol. There are many rounds of competition in different region of Thailand to get only 12 real dream catchers/singers and performers to come to live together in a big/nice house. The Sky TV channel 16 shows what is going on in the house 24/7. In other words, you can see it life all the time. So you have the chance to get to know their real personality and what they are studying/practising in the house.Every Monday, each competitor will get a song they will have to work on in that week. They have singing classes, dancing classes, and acting classes every day. We see them (on TV) working really hard- having almost no time to rest. But we also see friendship which develops rather beautifully. They are not allowed to contact people outside at all.Sometimes, the organiser also invites the real singer (the one who sings the song a candidate has been assigned) to come and give all the candidates help. Although competitors are assigned different songs, they are of the same type e.g. duet songs (week3), songs from musical (week5)etc.And there's also a teacher who is the head of the hosue, who takes care of everything in the house. On Friday evening after all the classes, doctor comes into the house to talk to each candidate and give them any medicines they need.On Saturday of every week, competitors are taken to the studio or a huge concert hall to perform what they have been working on the whole week. Many peoplego to support them. Channel 16 shows everything life -- from the time they wake up, taken on the bus to the concert hall, having rehearsal with the band and dancers, dressing up in the dressing room, and the real concert.Commentators give comment at the concert. At the end of the concert, the MC announces those who get the least popular vote in the week, and that person will not be allowed to go back home.I like it a lot because I learn a lot with them in their classes. And seeing theiir personality and their attempt to make their dream come true is fascinating. -_- Tell me about your favourite reality show!

Well, talking about reality shows there are too many to mention..:Pwhat do you like me to post? reality show in politics, showbiz, or some stolen shot or know as scandal reality shows :oWell, talking about the real shows in TV I mean the reality shows that goes on in TV, well big brothers is one of them although it will be seen on TV soon.Big brothers, the brothers or brothers whatever, is the reality shows that goes on in TV here in the philippines, have anyone of you saw the THE TRUE MAN SHOW? well, I guess you did right? Big brother or brothers is almost the same as the true man show, wherein there are participants about the stays inside the house for about 100 days without TV, CELLPHONE, VIDEO, anything... they will be monitored with 21 cameras installed inside the house.Wow, hundred days without tv, computer, cellphone inshort without anything, all you have to do is stay inside the house for that long. Wait, there are about 50 or something participant which are all strangers to each other, ohh. how can I do that....???no tv, no cellphone, no phone anything...Can you do that? all you have to do is to wake up in the morning, brush your teeth, take a bath, eat, talk with the other participant each lunch, talk again, sleep and then wake up... that what the lazy one did..-_-By the way, for 100 days all movement of each participant willl be covered with cameras even you go inside the bath room, change clothes, anything can be seen on tv ha ha ha... I can't live that long without my computer, tv, cellphone or phone...If I were you, just wait and watch that reality shows ha ha ah.... :P:o:o-_-

Yes we have loads of reality tv in Australia, i think they are trying to trick all of us in to getting cable tv. I got cable but there is people like my mum and sister that do enjoy reality tvs, such as Big Brother, Australian Idol, American Idol, X-factor, My Restraunt Rules etc... thats all in channel 10.Theres so much its not funny, im serious i hate them thats why i got Cable to get away from them.

I hate reality shows- they used to be reality but now they are marketed and produced in methods that force the participants to act in certain ways as perceived by the creators of the show. 90% of them are tripe in my opinion.

i only watch a few reality shows, but not that many. I dunno, reality shows don't seem to be as orignal as they were before...i watch rock star inxs, i hope that counts as a realty show...kinda like american idol...only they have rock songs and not pop -_-and sometimes i watch trading spaces, if that also counts as a reality show T_T i just watch it to get good creativity ideasso yeah, those would be the reality shows i watch...

I hate reality shows- they used to be reality but now they are marketed and produced in methods that force the participants to act in certain ways as perceived by the creators of the show. 90% of them are tripe in my opinion.

172575[/snapback]

There are reality shows that are scripted, but we have a reality shows here that all particapants are not aware. it's called the WOW MALI! in english, ahhh... I don't know!!!

In wow mali show, the host will setup the place wherein all the passerby can participate without knowing it, like when you buy a cake then when you take the cake out of its position there is a human head on it the makes the buyer react like a lion.. :P Setup up a place when everytime the participant walk through that place a fallen monkey will shock your life and makes the participant runs unconsciously..-_- some get mad but thats the way reality shows goes on.

Many reality shows here in the philippines but in reality also, they are doing this to earned money for short. for marketing purposes and for the sake of the network...

I wonder if the one the who's involve in the reality show reacts too much and get heart attack,-_- what do you think the responsibilities goes to.??? hope not to happen in...

i only watch a few reality shows, but not that many. I dunno, reality shows don't seem to be as orignal as they were before...

i watch rock star inxs, i hope that counts as a realty show...kinda like american idol...only they have rock songs and not pop -_-

and sometimes i watch trading spaces, if that also counts as a reality show T_T i just watch it to get good creativity ideas

so yeah, those would be the reality shows i watch...

172656[/snapback]

Rockstar INXS is great isnt it. I hope the guy from Australia wins. GO AUSTRALIA, yeah.

In the UK, our networks are infested with reality TV .... I think we only have about another week left of Big Brother .... I've tuned a couple of times, just to stay in the loop, but had to switch over sharpish as I've never seen such a bunch of useless nomarks in my life .... do the people who take part in this crud forget that they have to rejoin society at some point? .... how do they look friends and family in the eye after behaving so appalling on public television? ....

I hope eventually that people will get thoroughly bored with this cheap and tacky programming? .... give me a good drama, film or documentary any day of the week .... I expect to be entertained or educated when I watch the telly .... not feel physically sick with disgust! ....

Posted Image

reality shows are stupid and there are too many on tv.People know those stars on reality shows anit as stupid as they make them on the show.I think they need to just stop doing reality show i rather watch cartoons and comedy without the reality tough.I remember the reality show my big obnosious fat husband or something like that and its was stupid even though it was a litt funny.And I watched every show but it was still stupid and shouldnt of been put on tv

Here in Mexico we also have big brother and some other cheap copies of american idols here called academia and stuff like that. Whenever something goes big outside internationally, they copy it as soon as they can. I dont really watch tv, but as far as Ive seen they are on like big brother 5 or 6 and its been here for bearly 2 or 3 years. And then they have big brother vip where celebritys also participate, personally im fed up with these shows but oh well. People like them, they have nothing to do except watching people do things and living instead of worrying about their own things.

172575[/snapback]

yeah, I do too. Sometimes it's funny to see people cry because of all the stress they've been through. To me, they are just as bad as soap operas and sometimes are totaly fake or insanely stupid.