xisto Community
Unregistered 015

Wheel Problem(s) Problem using Boxkerwheel in newer games

I have Boxker Wheel (I know, never heard, it's some Chinese ****). Here is the pic: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

When I play some older games like Need For Speed Porsche Unleashed it works perfectly, but there is a problem with new games like NFS: Underground 1 & 2, and Mafia. Those games play smooth as long as I dont touch the wheel (I can use pedals, and change gears) but as soon as I enter the turn game slows down, and performance dops dramatically. It is not because of the hardware (graphics or something) it is because of the wheel! It connects via USB.
I think the problem is somehow related to DirectX but I'm not sure.

Please help if you can?!

My best guess would be to try and play with direct X settings, or play wth the game settings to have it as maxmised graphics or soemthing. It also helps if you have the latest version of direct X, im nto sure if you do but heres a link

Direct X 9.0c

As faith says, you may need to download the latest version of DirectX if you don't have it. If you do have the latest version then make sure it is running as fast as possible. Click Start, Run, and type 'dxdiag' (without quotes) then press enter. Make sure all possible settings are at recommended or higher to get the best out of your hardware.

If the wheel is a few years old it may connect by USB 1.1 or if your PC is a few years old you may only have USB 1.0 or 1.1

This is slower than the latest USB 2.0 and if the wheel or your PC have it then it could be causing a bottleneck, so the game slows down to match the speed its getting data from the wheel. Try upgrading to USB 2.0 if thats the problem.

First to mention that I'm not a noob when it comes to gaming :P Now, to get serious. I have DirectX9.0c and all the setting are tuned fine for my comp. And problem is that there is no problem when I disconect (physicaly) the wheel from computer, only when I try to drive with it. Today I tryed another relatively old game, Grand Prix 4, and it worked fine. But those games that need better directx seem to have some problem. My USB version (onborad) is 2.0 and the wheel is 1.1 I suppose since there is no mark or label or anything on it that indicates which version it is. Manual has two pages so dont try to convince me to look there -_- Is it possible that DirectInput has some new features which newer games are using that this *BLEEP* wheel cannot support? This is a good question for a game programmer if there are any.Anyway, thank you for your replies!