xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
football123213

Star Craft Talk Talk about Bw OR Sc

What's to talk about ? My favourite game, favourite story, favourite sound and music.....been playing since the day it came out, got more than 3 gb in stuff, maps, add-ons, campaigns etc... B)

I loved sc..... until.... warcraft III came out.. Heh u guys really should play warcraft,( i know i hated warcraft iii cuz i couldnt get it also), but my friend lent his to me and it was AMAZING, u just gotta get used to it, starcraft and warcraft are 95% different games (5% being the name)

Well Ok I like warcraft III (and II) much but with SC it's a different deal....I had the strangest of feelings when I first played it and I yearn for more....Waiting for SC2 B) (will be waiting for years...)

Starcraft's a classic. That and Half-Life/Counter-Strike. Then the only other game I play is Quake 3 Arena and Warcraft III:TFT, and maybe WoW when it comes out. The thing is, starcraft is like, what should I say?... PacMac. People still play pac-man like mad, it's a basic 2D game with no, noticable, story line. Basic conscept: Make the smilie face eat all the dots while avoiding the ghosts (icky, flippy, nippy, and earl, or whatever their names are). It's a fun game, I don't play sc single player, it's boring. If it weren't for battle.net, starcraft would never have gotten as popular as it is today. B)

The only thing that Warcraft III really has over Starcraft is Custom Maps/UMS (use map settings). Warcraft III allows you to do practically an infinite amount of things with custom maps, where Starcraft was much more limited in it's capabilities. That's what was fun about both games; If you weren't a great W3 or SC player, you could always have fun playing the endless number of custom maps/ums.

what is that? :P

Please don't tell me you are asking what is Starcraft? If you were asking what is UMS I'll explain.

In the campaign editor in starcraft and whatever that program is in Warcraft III you can create your own map to follow your own rules and have it perfom certain actions under certain circumstances. It's like programming your own game, except you aren't doing the coding :P.