xisto Community
faith

So My Spelling Sucks! oh welL

You made a topic just to say that your spelling SUCKS, unbelievable. And you forgot that your grammer is bad as well just telling so you can learn how to right better now. Where do you come from?

172005[/snapback]

What's unbelievable is your gumption; to insult someone for their English skills when it is so clear that you, yourself, lack a firm grasp on the language.

Faith,I?m glad to see you took the criticism so well, and will try to improve ? Kudos to you!I believe that whether it?s spelling, grammar, posture, clothes, etc. ? all of it obviously represents you ? your outward appearance ? how you are perceived by other people. Which of course isn?t necessarily accurate. For example: Bad posture doesn?t always mean a person has low self esteem, that person may be super confident, but it sure doesn?t look that way from the outside.The important thing is how the bad posture eventually makes that person feel. Bad habits like that, over time, can take it?s toll ? make a confident person feel not so confident.Or in your case, if everyone points out, and complains about your spelling & makes you feel stupid ? eventually you might start feeling stupid.It also has to do with taking pride in your work ? and there?s nothing wrong with that! Also, you'll need the proper spelling skills to get ahead in the business world.I'm sure there are many more reasons...Keep working to break the bad habit now before it?s a permanent aspect of your personality.Hmm... this is starting to sound like a lecture. That wasn?t my original intent, - just trying to help. I?ll step down off my soapbox now?.

Yes, it was I who PMed faith regarding the spelling errors. But only after reading your warning that I realized that having at least your title and description spelled correctly was important. It is said in TOS how important the topic title and its description are. We all have spelling-fart moments but at least pay extra attention to topic title and place topic description. I am grateful that you decided to be self-aware, self-disciplined to correct and look for your mistake -_- It's not easy to find people who are willing to better themselves.

I hate spelling too but I try my best when I am typing on an online forum/game because I realize how much of a pain it is to read stuff that has misspellings in it. I may seem like an english scolar on here but at school I can't spell to save my life. I would like a spell check too it would make life easier.

...... I would like a spell check too it would make life easier.

174600[/snapback]

I don't see how a spellcheck feature would work here. I mean so many people like to use "alternative" spellings of words - u no whut I meen?

A spellcheck feature would drive them crazy.

Hmmmm... On second thought,.... maybe the hassle of fighting the spellcheck feature would eventually break them - and then would be forced to conform to spelling properly. - BRILLIANT!!! - MUUHaHaHA <Maniacal Laugh>

brandice, that is actually a good point...Think about how many posts you are going to make during your tenure here at Xisto. If you are one who feels they need to abbreviate their words just so they can post as fast as they can, you are missing out on potential credits. Simple things such as "u" to "you" and "8" to "eight", among many others, decrease your posting credits, and over time, it has a much larger affect. So type out your words in full, not only will it look much better but over time your credit gain will be greater. It may not seem like much per post, but in the long run it will.

Honestly... :)I'm picky about my errors... although, of course, I let some slip at times. No one's perfect. I don't live in the US, or any country with English as its first language. But my dad taught me English before the language here, so I guess I could say it's my first language. Despite me being picky. I understand that some people don't always get it right, and even though I sometimes feel a bit strange seeing the errors... I don't mind them. I keep in mind that even some of my classmates don't always get it right too. They may not have it as their first language or anything...So when I see errors in the web, I don't care too much. We all come from different places around the world. There's no telling who might come from the next corner.Although... I would never go as far as to PM someone about it. We should all accept our weaknesses. Who knows, s/he might be better than you in some field. Besides, what's important is that we UNDERSTAND each other. Right? :D