xisto Community
Adamrosso

Windows Vista! Microsofts Next OS

I too like the look of Vista. Its really looks COOL and ATTRACTIVE. I love to work on Vista. Now it becomes my default operating system. ;)

Many people have said it is a power consuming OS and they are right in some ways and not others. For gamers, it doesnt affect you at all. The reason is that when an application (aka game) takes full screen mode, then all the resources your desktop widgets, transparencies, etc are using get removed and are restored when switching back to windowed mode. This basically improves performance for lots of games or atleast doesnt hurt it since you end up with equal memory or less memory being used over xp when in full screen.

The proper installation of Vista in my humble opinion. I'm not going to even bother installing that piece of junk - all it brings to the table ends up being essentially a waste of space and processor ticks(the security updates are of no matter - they'll be breached in a matter of time, and not patched soon enough). I'm just going to run all my applications through WINE when Slackware finally comes out with a 64-bit version just to escape the bloat.

For those of you that have or have used Vista, I would like to hear your opinions. Thus far, I haven't seen anything that is convincin enough for me to buy it. What can it do that XP can't? Besides, I'd have to go and buy a whole new computer to use it. It's supposed to take a ton of processing power.

Ive already got vista...You need a good pc to get the full potential out of it though. It's basically XP with a new GUI lots of eye candy and power tools. The layout it nice though but i hate how programs on the start menu are organised. FI your going to get vista don't get the home basic as that doesn't have the glassy black aero theme. I would suggest if your just going to use vista for work etc gete the Home Professional as you don't need a super fast PC to run it. Im running Business and its got all the features of ultimate except Games and Media Centre

GHarrison, In future, kindly search the Forum for similar Topics before starting a new one. The search for "windows Vista" had the following results : Results 0 - 25 of about 552. Search took 0.0724 secondsso, as you can see, I will just move this topic to merge in with a similarly-minded one.