xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
RemoteConnection

Anyone Have Tried Wireless Internet ?

i've used it before, but i'm more into the wired. why? because it's much faster. wireless internet has a lot of cons, and one apparent con is the error-checking of the data sent, thus making the connection a bit slower than the usual "wired" internet. i'm into downloading videos that's why i'm not into wireless. if i'm just surfing the net, i'd probably use wireless.

wireless and wired..whether its on your own network or to your isp, in terms of connectivity and speed, wireless cant beat wired ^^" thats a given. cuz with wireless you'll get more lost packets, obstructions, interference and such...usually its nothing major but its effects are visible.on the other hand, with a wired connection, you're fixed to one location...or a certain radius [if you have a long cable =P] whilst with wireless you'd have less cables and you can move around.as for security, with wireless, if its your home or office network or something, i believe you're more vulnerable to hackers as compared to those using wired connections. cuz hackers can hack your network, or hack through your network..instead of going through the internet...or something like that ._.i think that would be the main considerations as to whther or not you should go wirless or stay wired.

I currently use wireless. The differences are as follows:1) Depending on the hotspot you connect to, it is faster than ethernet, or slower2) You can connect to more spots if you have the given names3)Not too different from DSL, it is based off of DSLThe strengths are as follows:1) Good connection time normally2)Not hard to get, or set up3) No fee to payThe weaknesses are as follows:1) Some places you need a code to connect to2) You can not get internet while moving on train or car etc.3) In some hotspots you have to pay for connection ie. Airports4) The connection is not always stable.Personally, i use and like wireless, and find it perfectly stable.

Hey I have wireless internet on my computer right now and it usually runs around 36 Mbps. I've seen it drop to 11.0 Mbps though and I was just wondering if 36-54 Mbps is fast enough to run games online? I'm just not sure if 36-54 Mbps is decently fast or not...-voodoo

Yeah . i have an idea about wire less internet . If u have a Lap top and if you are connected to the internet in your laptop by some means then it is all the simple you can easily have wireless connection established. Connect the LAP top to the internet . In your Laptop you will have an option to enable the wireless Device . Now once it is ennables your Laptop becomes the Server for the wireless Internet.Note:You may Connect to the internet for your Lap top By any means.Now that you have a Laptop server. If it is not a Lap top .Connect a wireless USB device to the computer an transmit. Now the Desktop becomes the server . Any computer now which is closely located within the wireless range can access Internet .Now thats all a Wireless Internet has been established.

Well, by wireless internet , I mean transfer data from access points in ISP, but i've heard it's unsecured and at the most it supports 54MB/s

WIRELESS IS HOT!!!

I use the wireless internet as you have described it almost exclusively. My network is encrypted on two levels, and to the best of my knowledge it is difficult for unauthorized users to obtain access. The network is very fast, since it is connected to a third generation cable router for access to the web. I think our speeds are up to 27 Mbps for downloads, and 11 Mbps for uploads. We also have encryption at the router, which requires an hexadecimal key, which we change regularly for added security. I load the key into a further-encrypted dongle that I use to set permissions for access by the other computers on the network.

The network has issues for some reason on mondays, when it gets its signals crossed with the wireless telephones in the house and office. Whenever the phone rings on Mondays, it knocks the wireless network out until after the phone conversation is concluded. On those days, until i get an answer from Linksys, I have to suffer through the issue. But once Tuesday rolls around, the service is flawless. For the money, convenience, speed, and security, I think the wireless setup is a tremendous value. Certainly far more useful than dialup. Hackers may be able to crack the encryption Ihave, since it is just a basic safeguard, but what I have on my computer, for the most part, is only valuable to me. No government secrets, patents, trade secrets, high level financial information, credit card numbers, development projects, weapon systems, or anything that really needs guarding, so I feel reasonably secure about my SOHO network.

There is really no comparison between dialup and wireless in terms of speed, stability, and cost-effectiveness. Try it. I think you will agree, Remote....