xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Frozen

How To Get Trap17 Hosting Started New to building a website and such

Well, I have no idea how to do anything on my hosting site. http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ cant figure anythign out, how to do a front page, add pages, anything. someone please help

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
"Someone Please Help" is not a way to get the attention. Changing the title.
Edited by BuffaloHELP (see edit history)

Cpanel

Cpanel is your slave. An easy to navigate feature which will guide you through doing all you'd want to do about your site. It adds subdomains, ftp accounts and mime types and can allow you to program cron jobs (which are useful for mailing lists etc) and all the other advanced stuff that comes with Xisto :D Everything is there for you under the click of a button along with all the current statistics for your domain.

File Manager

File Manager is a component of cpanel. If you want to add pages and edit them, you'll need to click here. Click on the icon next to /public_html/ and you'll be directed to a new directory. This is where all your files and folders are stored which are visible to all users when they access your site. Clicking on a folder displays information about it. Clicking on the icon next to the folder directs you to the files and folder that are stored inside it.

Cpanel has its own user manual. Click here to read it.

hmm let me see:

Klass thinks really hard....... Ahhhh Google Is Your Friend

I repeat Google Is your Friend.

PS see the purple text below read it follow the link then after you read that go here:

https://www.google.de/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=BwkjVKfAD8uH8QfckIGgCQ&gws_rd=ssl once there type in:

How To Create a Webpage,

HTML For Beginners,

HTML For Dummies

You might check Tutorial section here on Xisto. There is lot of tutorial with prewritten scripts on how to add files in FTP, HTML for begginers and HTML layouts. Maybe there is something that will suit you.

hey frozen its easier then it looks if need help yahoo or msn me can ggive you plenty of it.

You simply upload PHP or HTML coded files to your FTP under the "www" or "public_html" folder. Naturally, the page file will end in .php or .html. For example, if you uploaded home.html to your /www folder, simply go to http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ to view it.Try searching Google (like mentioned above) for tutorials on how to create HTML and PHP pages for your website.You can download a Free HTML Editor off of download.com, along with an FTP Mananger, like SmartFTP, to make your uploads go faster.I hope I helped bro. <3