xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
chief91

Halo Books anyone read em?

The halo books are actually pretty good books there about 300 pages long each and their a good break from video games the first one in the series is titled halo:fall of reach which is about how the chief was trained and who started the spartan program and wat the chiefs real name is and his fellow spartans book 2 is called halo:the flood which is a more detailed version of halo1 it talks about wat the marines were doing while the chief was off killin everything and stuff like that more backstory the third book is called halo:first strike this is about wat happens between the end of halo1 and the beginning of halo2 it personally is my favorite in the series it talks about how the covenant found earth and a few other things there very good books and there only 20 bucks if u buy them together.

The halo books are actually pretty good books there about 300 pages long each and their a good break from video games the first one in the series is titled halo:fall of reach which is about how the chief was trained and who started the spartan program and wat the chiefs real name is and his fellow spartans book 2 is called halo:the flood which is a more detailed version of halo1 it talks about wat the marines were doing while the chief was off killin everything and stuff like that more backstory the third book is called halo:first strike this is about wat happens between the end of halo1 and the beginning of halo2 it personally is my favorite in the series it talks about how the covenant found earth and a few other things there very good books and there only 20 bucks if u buy them together.

169072[/snapback]

halo books? hym. im a really big halo fan and have never heard of halo books. did they just come out. becasue i havnt been playing recently. and how many are there

Actually they came out about a year after the game. I have tried to read them, and they are just messed up. It's a lot more fun for me to play the games rather than read the books. Yes, they are short, and yes, they are descriptive, but I prefer playing to reading anyday.

Reading halo books do seem interesting but i dont really have the time to read such of books anyways :) .Im not really much of a reader, i'd rather play the campigan and find out whats in the book.

yes i would rather play halo then read the books. but i read them all at least once. ill bring them if im going on a long car ride or something like that. they are good and descriptive, and they give a lot of info on how things happens like when the covenant found earth. or when they talk about when reach fell you can know what they are talking about. it is also pretty cool to learn how the taught the spartans on reach. they are great books i thought. they are supposed to be coming out with another book sometime soon.

I have read the books, although it was quite a while ago when I did. If my memory is correct, I found them for the most part very good, better than most books based on games. Not the thing I enjoy reading the most, but I recommend you read them if you haven't.

Honestly i am a pretty big fan of halo and i never even knew that there were halo books that exsist. What are these books even about, do they just follow the story of what happens in the halo campaign or something? i am kind of wondering of what these books are all about because i am a big fan of halo so i would defiantley like their books. Can someone give me somemore information on this because i want to find out what this is all about now.

The books are more than a detailed reading version of the game.They tell you the story off not only Master chief John-117, but also about the people that he meets, how the story develops and how sargent johnson got back in one piece.It also actually predicts the return off at least 1 spartan in halo 3(yes I know this is a spoiler, but heck I haven't played halo 3 myself yet).So if you think you're a big halo fan,...GO GET THOSE BOOKS SOLDIER!!!

In my opinion the books are great. They give you an in depth look at the Halo universe and answer questions people might have had during the course of the game such as "Where did Master Chief come from?", "Why was he the only one wearing MJOLNIR armor and where did it come from?", "Why were their so few Spartans?". These questions are answered in the novels. It also gives background on the UNSC and the Covenant War. Personally I think someone would enjoy them more if you read them in this order especially if you hadn't played any of the Halo games:'Contact Harvest' By Joseph Staten'The Fall of Reach' By Eric Nylund'The Flood' By William C. Dietz'First Strike' By Eric Nylund'Ghosts of Onyx' By Eric NylundMyself, I've only played Halo 1 for PC. I don't own an X-Box or X-Box 360 and I refuse to upgrade to Windows Vista as it's got way too many problems with it and it's a memory hog. Myself I haven't read all of them, I'm missing 'Contact Harvest'. It's the last one at this point that I haven't read. the books themselves were a very good read and well worth the $10.00 I spent on each of them. I recommend them to anyone who's played the games or anyone who likes Sci-Fi war novels.-Psychotic G

Yes, I've read them all and The Fall of Reach remains my favorite. It had a storyline yet to be covered by the games and was much more character driven than the rest. I think that the others are good books but not written as well. At certain times during the other books I thought to myself, I'd rather be playing through this scenario rather than reading it. But all in all, they are good novels that accurately depict the Halo universe that even made it accessible to my mom. :)

The book Halo: The Flood is by far the worst one that I've read. Basically it is the first game word for word, scene for scene. Ok, I'll admit, there is some backstory for the marines but it is shallow and un-entertaining. Besides Halo is not about marines it's about the Chief. So if you plan to read them avoid this one and just play Halo 1 again, same dif. Fall of Reach and First Strike are both amazing books, just Dietz has no imagination or something cause the Flood is garbage.-dahoh