Phyre

Phyre's Application Yep....

Real Name (optional): Joe

MSN: hellphyre280@hotmail.com

AIM: hphyre280

Email: hphyre@gmail.com

Experience in graphics: 4-6 Months

Areas of expertise: Textures, Grunge things

Other graphics sites worked at(optional): NeXDesigns.trap17.com [Now offline, I believe]

Past positions at other graphics sites(optional): Helper/Gfx Designer

Current positions at other graphics sites(optional): N/A

How much you can be on each day: At least 3-4 hours, since it's a summer

How many templates/sigs/resources can you make a week: If I have the motivation, up to 2 or 3 a day.

Examples of your work:

Textures:

Render of my Thompson texture [First texture..hard to see...it contrasts too much with the white background]

Posted Image

Flat UVMap: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

---

Render of my skin for a Stealth Tank for a CnC Generals Mod:

Posted Image

Flat UVMap: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

---

Renders/Image Extractions:

[it's big]

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Sigs:

Posted Image

---

Posted Image

---

Posted Image

Wow, you've got my vote, but try cutting down on the png images. Jpg a good friend xD.

nnot bad not bad since i know your work and you have battled against me you got my vote.

I absolutely -suck- with text :DAnd what's wrong with .png's? o_O They have flawless compression...unlike .jpg's and .gif's. IMO, PNG is the best format there is..though they tend to be a bit larger in size.

Might wanna use thumbnails for those renders.Anyway, Phyre, you're better than half the other guys I gave a yes to, so yes to you too. :D

Phyre's got my vote. His sigs are very good judging from what I see in his battles. If I've voted for you in a battle, then you pretty much have my vote.I'll be back to vote tomorrow. Gotta get some sleep.

And what's wrong with .png's? o_O They have flawless compression...unlike .jpg's and .gif's. IMO, PNG is the best format there is..though they tend to be a bit larger in size.

Portable Network Graphics are fine, but sometimes it's best to go with Joint Photographic Experts Group file formats. PNG 24bit is better for like renders that you want to use in photo manipulation programs, since it stores more information than PNG 8bit, like alpha channels. Like for the punisher sig, that could have been JPEG. Just saying, if it doesnt require transparency, then dont go with PNG. PNG supports: Truecolor, greyscale, and palette-based. JPEG supports: Truecolor, and greyscale.

Portable Network Graphics are fine, but sometimes it's best to go with Joint Photographic Experts Group file formats. PNG 24bit is better for like renders that you want to use in photo manipulation programs, since it stores more information than PNG 8bit, like alpha channels. Like for the punisher sig, that could have been JPEG. Just saying, if it doesnt require transparency, then dont go with PNG. PNG supports: Truecolor, greyscale, and palette-based. JPEG supports: Truecolor, and greyscale.

169203[/snapback]

Detecting a hint of boasting? :D

@Nguyen -- He has your vote, but you'll be back to vote tomorrow?

Detecting a hint of boasting?  :D

LOL, you know me xD. Or do you? O_o.

Truefusion, would it hurt to use JPEG for the second instead of typing out each word in the acronym? Showoff. :DBrooks, I'll be back to vote on other applications tomorrow. Geez. Common sense here.

Notice from Johnny:
Says the guy who thought Iron Man was wearing earmuffs, and later that he was a dog.