xisto Community
Tseng

Need Bg To Be Transparent

I have a few pics with backgrounds that I want to be transparent but i dont have the program to do it, and also the background is like ten different shades of white so i don't know how to fix it can anyone help me?

it simpel if you have photoshop when you click on a new file choose transparent as your background and then save it as a gif or png, preferably png to work withthe transparency.

If you have photoshop, then you can use the polygonal lasso tool while zoomed in at 1600% to outline whatever that you want to extract. If you don't have photoshop, then probably paintshop pro or the gimp something else like that might also do the trick.

Actully I dont have either and nothing I've done with Gimp works, so I was hoping I could post the pics and have you guys fix them for me....can you please fix my pictures by making them have transparent BGs?

problem is though i would have to do from scratch using the stuff you have, by the looks of it, cutting it would ruin the whole image.

Ugh...I have those too...I've tried to cut them before, but they don't come out easy. You pretty much have to recut the whole thing...I've used one or two in some of my sigs, but they were rough cuts that I masked with other stuff...I've been kinda busy lately, but if I can find the time to render some of them, I'll let you know. Just don't get your hopes up...I'm good at giving false hope. =/

lol...Okay I won't but please help if you can...see the reason I need them is im making a game with Rpg Maker Xp...and in battle the characters are here:

Posted Image

I need the white box around them to be trans so I can put them in place of the default charas. I used to have a program....that let me pick a color on the pic to make trans and then it did it for me but I can't remember the name. Also I will put the persons name in the credits of my game.

Also if you like what you see then feel free to contact me in a pm or visit my forums (in my sig) to join the [Tri_Ware] Corp. development team.

I used to have a program....that let me pick a color on the pic to make trans and then it did it for me but I can't remember the name.

You might have the problem solved by now, but I use a pgm named Animation Shop 3 to change background colours to transparent and it works fine for me. It doesn't do Layers like the better Graphics programs, but for what I do with it, it is a great little piece of software.

It is available on the web. Google on the name JASC Software. The program was on this computer when I bought it used and I don't know if there are freebies for it...

Okay, I snagged one and it works great. Only thing is that it saves them as gif rather than jpg. If you are alright with that, I'd say go for the download.In the meantime, I'll send you a copy of the before and after for the one I did.HTH