xisto Community
DjLuki

New Grunge Sig another try at grunge sig

Hm...not liking the render, or the bg, or the text, (nice font, but not much else), or the blending, or the color. Just being honest here...

well its grunge and its not grunge i tell you why you have grunge look going but to make it 100% grunge you need to have use black and white brushing, so you set the mood of it.best suggestion i can give is do one layer nothing but black next layer nothing but white do that for about 6-8 laers and tinker with the different modes like overlay, soft and hard light. do that for all of them except for the first one. and you will have a better grasp on the grunge look.you did a bad job on the render blending i would have just blended in the feet a little bit and left everything else as it is.the indent not working for this, when grunging you never indent your name unless you try to indent it into the render, but if you do it with the background it wil have disaterous results like the example you have in your sig.keep workinf at it and you will find what your looking for.

ok i went to it once more.. did i do beter now? and i know i don't do a good job on the fonts, do yall know any good tutorials i can look at and learn? i really need help with that..i was waiting for johnny to make one but ... :D anyways.. here is the sig..

Posted Image

How about using the colors in the army suit of the original render? For example, if he was wearing an arctic camoflague, use black and white colors. The color that is being used now doesn't seem to match the mood or the character. I like your second sig better. That's one scary looking dude!

1st sig: Odd blending. I'd blend the back of the render but not the feet. Don't use hue/saturation though.2nd sig: Background is not exciting. Use some grunge brushes and quit using the sand background.