xisto Community
iwuvcookies

Remote Computer Access i need to know how to do this

I've seen people acces their computer from other places. How do you this??? I know they have a software online that lets you do this. but are there any other ways???

i seen stuff around my suggestion would be to yahoo or goodle it and look at the different websites and see what they have to offer, even though i don't recommend doing esepcially at airports cuz you know whow pople like to "soulder surf".

Here are different option based on the type os access.Via Internet(Broadband, if you have): MyWebex.com --> It is free for up to 5 computers, it is good too..There many more, but i have this and happy with it.Via DialUp: PC AnywhereVia Network: Remote Desktop Client(Microsoft) or again PC Anywhere...There are many more.Googled it and you will find many, keep trying unless you like one.Thanks :(:D:D:D

I use remote access to control my work computer. Instead of using the "home' version of remote access, my work place has Windows Terminal Server where I can log into my computer using any standard browser. And all that?s doing is all the calculation, program running, stuffs like that goes on in my work computer and the internet basically shows me the video refreshed of my work computer. Since viewing a still picture is faster than running the actual application (i.e. ActiveX) via server it's very efficient. However, to have WTS is quiet expensive for just a personal usage.

hi,you can also use windows netmeeting that comes bundled with windows for accessing your computer from a remote location. I have tried it over the the network connected through LAN or the same network.. I am not sure it would be possible through dial up.There is another freeware called VNC which can be used for this purpose. Cheers.

As people said, there are several ways to access your computer remotely...Via Internet: I am very sure you can find many free tools on the net to accomplish this. One thing to note, you should take good care of security, to avoid unauthorized people from accessing your computer.Via Modem: There are also programs that allow this type of remote access to computers. Should be free programs for this also. This program controls your modem, and waits for the call. When you place a call, it's a direct communication between two computers, no net, no other people. Drawback is, if you use your phone line for something else other than computer, this can interfere with regular, voice or fax calls...The safest option is via modem, but most supported way, and with most software, is via internet. You should consider what is important to you, speed or security, and select appropriate method to do this.And ofcourse, always search Yahoo!, Gooogle, and other search engines...

As people said, there are several ways to access your computer remotely...

Via Internet: I am very sure you can find many free tools on the net to accomplish this. One thing to note, you should take good care of security, to avoid unauthorized people from accessing your computer.

Via Modem: There are also programs that allow this type of remote access to computers. Should be free programs for this also. This program controls your modem, and waits for the call. When you place a call, it's a direct communication between two computers, no net, no other people. Drawback is, if you use your phone line for something else other than computer, this can interfere with regular, voice or fax calls...

The safest option is via modem, but most supported way, and with most software, is via internet. You should consider what is important to you, speed or security, and select appropriate method to do this.

And ofcourse, always search Yahoo!, Gooogle, and other search engines...

168567[/snapback]

When every I try to connect to my copmputer from my ip it never works.It says disconnected or maybe the program dont work.I need a name of a program so I can find it directly otherwise I cant adcess my computer and I dont see anyway to protect my computer when I am on messengers all the time and chat.

remote system is as secure as you want it to be but i htink it leads to higher percentage that iy wil get hack especially if the computer "at home" is unsecure like a public computer at an airport or library.

I actually just did this like an hour ago for the first time ever! A few things I discovered... Its a lot easier than youd think! Yay!Another person cant exactly be on at the same time u access the remote computer otherwise they get booted. They can log back in but then you get booted and its an endless cycle lol.But yeah I got a new computer and I used Remote Desktop to transfer some files without blowing cds. I was excited! I found a great tutorial just by googling "Remote Desktop guide" All in all, I like remote desktop! Woo!

PC anywhere is probably your best bet. It can be quite secure, of course you have to be careful how you set it up. And it is capable of forcing call backs (to ensure the right person is trying to connect it only lets you call your comptuer to log in then it hangs up and calls you back to connect) and other security devices when using dial up, and over the internet 128 bit encryption is the standard. You can use microsofts remote desktop product, but I don't entirely trust it, I never really trust any microsoft product to be honest.