xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sunkist

Security Problem?

Ok mods...you can move this post if you want to. I really did not know where to post it.I am concerned. The past week or so, my page views have skyrocketed. But what is interesting, the number of unique visitors has not changed. And sure, I want the traffic. But it was such a dramatic increase, I don't think that my visitors were just viewing more pages. (It was about 10X the number of page views I usually get). Any ideas what this is?Sunkist

i'm just don't know what you are worring about ..except that our server Xisto is getting DDOS. you don't worried anything your view pages increasing.because you are not using a server yourself,you are just using a webhost in this server,so you are just sharing the host ..if you are using a server by yourself only then i think you would worried the suddenly increasing visitors it something like DDOS attack..for example 2000 views---> 8000visitors online the same time..Good LuckGuangdian

like snlil said having your website connected to toher webistes and submitted to search engines would be the increase but he forget the evil google and msn bots well.

Maybe someone is really active on your site and when looking around for a large number of times and cause your page views rise... do you have any idea where you advertise on which site before?