xisto Community
brandice

Clique 'wars' I thought this was over in 6th grade.

No offence to anyone in 6trh grade, but this is just so childish. Grown up people can sometimes act like little such kids. Someone I talk to sometimes said something 'mean' about some lady I don't really know. Then, one of her friends, a guy, starts going after me! Trying to get me all riled up, insulting me. It's great stick up for your friends and everything, but I have nothing to do with any of this. Some people always need some kind of drama in there lives.

This was really bad in my old secondary (high) school, but it was more less sticking up for your friends and more like 'hey your not my friend, I hate you and am going to make your life hell' fortunately for me I really don't care what a bunch of complete idiots think about me, hell I don't even care what my best friend thinks about me. It is however better in college, maybe because you need some GCSE's (General Certificate of Secondary Education, I'm not sure what equivelents in countries beside the UK) so less idiots get in, maybe its because of people growing up I'm not so sure.

A lot of times adults can be just as bad or worse than kids about things like that. I think it's because most people these days don't ever really mature, because they don't have to grow up in order to succeed in society. It's really sad, but tends to be true.

Nah...'clique wars' aren't so childish as you think. It's merely your perspective of what is mature and what is immature...What you seem to be getting at is just simple human nature. There are people who are submissive and would rather keep things simple...in other words, 'weak' people. Then there are those who need something more and enjoy the feeling of empowerment, 'strong' people. The 'strong' survive because the 'weak' survive...the strong chew off the heads of the weak so that they will feel good about themselves..whether to earn respect, gain more, or just feel liek they are better. There will always be people like that.blah, it's basically that the guy likes to feel superior. He loves support, so he tried to get you to...agree with him. If he has no support, he really isn't all the strong. Take away the ground they stand on, and they will cripple like an old one. ^_~

Heh..Some people have nothing better to do besides annoying the sh*t out of other people. Milk, people that do this are not "strong" they are the weak. They are so unsure of where they stand that they must pick on others just so they dont feel like a looser, and, ensure themselves that they are better then everybody else. Sometimes, when they pick on people the target retaliates and exposes them for the idiot they are.

ooh i like to correct you on that how many people you know that are weak that have cliques really i don't see to many skinny nerds with a posse walking around beating on the football jocks.

Well, cliques or gangs are a growing thing now a days. people walk around school with due rags and all that. What's funny is not one of them can actually fihgt, they go around with around 30 poeople and protect eachother when they all are pansies =/

Milk, It might be impossible to agree with someone who is trying to insult you, then he might think thatyou were one of those "weak" people. I agree with Damann here. This guy is so insecure about himself that he has to try and pick on people to try and impress the people he likes and to make himself feel better about himself. He's a bully. All bullies dislake themselves. The only thing that I could do to respond is laugh and tell him that this was an issue between two other people.

Is she the insecure type?.. her friend may just want to help you know.. but he just went after the wrong person.. I'd stand up for my friend if someone were to make fun of them etc.. that's what friends do.. IMO.. It's not immature.. you take care of your friends and your friends take care of you.. (we dont start troubles)

Now that I think about it, the lady isn't insecure at all. I don't have a problem with her personally, she's sort of the "leader" if I can put it that way. The guy probably wanted to show her that he was "loyal"It's all so silly.

Props..I agree. When we're as old as *some* of us are, (High school-College Years and WAYYY beyond :D ) We should have enough to do then to pick fights with people with divergent opinons from ours..... However, I suppose that's just the mindset of some individuals.. eh.. I dunno. But I agree. lolMr. Panda

What really tends to piss me off are those cliques of preppy idiotic children that think that by dressing the same, wearing their hair the same, and being ultra flirty + ultra ditzy, they will become both popular and get friends. That's a horrible assumption. They only get ridicule. Perhaps a smoting, if necessary.My school has so many stereotypes and it's just something you have to live with. The people who end up becoming my friends don't belong to cliques - we're all just free spirits. It's the only way to fly.

I don't think my school has any clique wars, the only people coming in that seem to have that problem are the freshmen. Once the year goes by everyone seems to start hanging around with everyone, you make a good friend one year and a new one the next year it seems like. I took a semester at a school that has a bunch a rich kids in grade 11, they had many of those. I was out of place because I never had troubles with that, and I was suppose to pick a side... I didn't like that so I had to go back to my old school.Even with my school being the biggest in my city and the second biggest in my whole province it's quite amazing that we don't have any of those. I have met people that go to school in bigger cities and say that it's the worst part of going to school.I agree that it is quite immature to still be doing still doing it after middle school, but I am not sure how it is in other places. And if these things keep up until they're older, I doubt they'll be any different when they're adults. Maybe I imagining that things are peachy keen, maybe there are cliques and wars going around that I have never known about. I have just not ever seen any besides with the grade nine kids... but they're not as bad as some other schools.

Heh..Some people have nothing better to do besides annoying the sh*t out of other people. Milk, people that do this are not "strong" they are the weak. They are so unsure of where they stand that they must pick on others just so they dont feel like a looser, and, ensure themselves that they are better then everybody else. Sometimes, when they pick on people the target retaliates and exposes them for the idiot they are.

169665[/snapback]

No no, you misread my post. There was a reason why I put "strong" in single quotes, mind you. I wasn't saying that those people are mentally strong, I was saying that they think they are strong because they have the chance to empower another person. In our world, to have power is to be strong, am I not correct? For instance, the president of the united states would be a 'strong' person because he has power. I'm not talking about emotional health... It's the fact that they are ABLE to put down others that makes them 'strong'. It's like a marathon.