xisto Community
BuffaloHelp

Frozen Winter Waterfall local still life photograph

This picture was taken on one cold winter back in 2003. I was traveling back from Ontario when I stopped over at the Niagara Falls to watch the weekly night show. I was mesmerized by the changing colors so I took out my camera and captured what my eyes saw that night. Enjoy. No comments needed. As always, the image is copyrighted by me and should not be used unless I give you the written permission to use as I fit.

Posted Image

Image information

Camera: Canon EOS D60

Image format: Large fine mode (edited to fit the image host)

File size: 3072 x 2048 pixels (original)

Shooting Mode: Manual

Exposure compensation: +1

Tv: 2 seconds

Av: f/3.5

ISO: 100

Lens used: EF 28-135mm IS

White balance setting: Auto White Balance

Focusing mode: one-shot MF

awesome Pict! I have never seen the niagara falls. You are lucky to see it every week.

hey nice pic. have you tried maybe giving it a longer shutter speed? maybe 4 or even 10 seconds? then ofcourse youd have to close the shutter a bit and if you can use a lower iso but i dont think thats possible.

Thanks for the comment.I have tried few different time values and shutter speeds. But I liked the 2 Tv with 100 ISO because others had over exposure to the small background lights (they were street lamp and were brighter than the waterfall reflection). I didn't want any other light source to be the focus, since I was trying to capture the colored lights reflected off of the waterfall. And wouldn't you know it? I didn't have my tripod that day. I took that picture free standing. Thank goodness for the Image Stabilizer lens!